Man dies after playing Diablo III

funskar

Padawan
An 18 year old Taiwanese man has died after playing Diablo III for 40 uninterrupted hours, Blizzard has claimed.

A man known only as Chuang has reportedly died after playing Diablo III for 40 hours without taking a single break. According to reports, he booked himself into a private room in an internet cafe at lunchtime on Friday and settled himself in for nearly two days of non-stop gaming with no food or sleep.

Chuang was left alone in that time, with an employee of the cafe only coming in on the Sunday morning to check on him, where she found him resting on the table. Chuang then woke up, took a few steps and collapsed. He was taken to hospital, but died shortly after his arrival.

*cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_286909_thumb_wide300.jpg

Source
Source 2

dexbg

Journeyman
What the faxxx .. 18 year old KID actually ..

MMPO/RPG/Blizzard should put a time check on their games .. seriously.
10+ hours of continous gaming activity from the same ID and the game should auto save & exit.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
this may not be because of not sleeping or eating for two days and gaming
anything could have happened, maybe he went into cardiac arrest because he stopped playing

Theodre

In the zone
Whatever it is.... It's really funny :D :D :D :D Not loosing humanity and all, but he is just stupid:-x:-?
If i was to die, i would choose lamborghini to get me hit rather than a Maruti 800!!! It's just that!!! First of the women who let her play in the cafe for that too long and parents who didn't care about him are the real victims!!!!:-x What a wastage of life :-x:-x

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
What the faxxx .. 18 year old KID actually ..

MMPO/RPG/Blizzard should put a time check on their games .. seriously.
10+ hours of continous gaming activity from the same ID and the game should auto save & exit.

Yes they need to do this. And make the time limit about 5-6 hours. But the way things are I think they wont do it unless they are forced.

Theodre

In the zone
I am not going to sympathize nor am i going to support you guys baccilus and dexbg(no offense)!!! It's just such a wastage of life....:-x Complaining the gaming companies???????:evil: It's and 18year old KID!?!?!?!?!? Oh gosh!!! Should have grown up:-x

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hey ive lil club of kids with droids spamming buttons and making in game currency
i pay them cofee bite and poppins
this 10 hours ban is gonna ruin my business :(

PS no life is ever wasted

Theodre

In the zone
hey ive lil club of kids with droids spamming buttons and making in game currency
i pay them cofee bite and poppins
this 10 hours ban is gonna ruin my business :(

PS no life is ever wasted

It is!! Just look at the way he's been pittied!!!:-x

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
this is not new. once i heard that some dude from yankee-land played Halo 3 MP on xbox 360 for like 32 hours with food water or sleep
and died
but how come the xbox did'nt die???

Flash

Lost in speed
Over-addiction is really diabolical.:banghead:
Resteth in peace, Chuang.

Btw, what his parents were doing during this 40-hour period? :censored:

this is not new. once i heard that some dude from yankee-land played Halo 3 MP on xbox 360 for like 32 hours with food water or sleep
and died but how come the xbox did'nt die???

Microsoft should be proud on that! No offense.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
couple of days ago I read that a a guy almost died playing MW3 for 4-5 days. but he did take breaks for food and loo breaks .. he collapse 3 time on 5 days, paramedics were able to treat him before he was in deep sh!t

Flash

Lost in speed
couple of days ago I read that a a guy almost died playing MW3 for 4-5 days. but he did take breaks for food and loo breaks .. he collapse 3 time on 5 days, paramedics were able to treat him before he was in deep sh!t

True that GAME is a like a DRUG! If in limit,it's good. If not,its the highway to hell.

Top Bottom