Making a new PC - Please guide the config :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtech

Broken In
My budget is around 15k to 20k rupees.

I will be putting 2GB of RAM.

I used to be a pro at this but am seriously out of touch.

I need a core2duo processor, also an intel original motherboard, a decent-ish graphics card 3k-4k, a DVD writer,a 250 GB SATA Hard Disk, a Good Cabinet (with front USB etc.), Good SMPS (my last computer died due to bad SMPS).

Please guide me with brand names and model nos. in all cases as i will have to give this list to someone. The person who assembles my computer is shrewd, so i need to be very specific. I live in Delhi , also plz quote approx. prices.

I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I can live with onboard sound. Also am i missing something ?

raghu.nadi

Broken In
Intel DG31 board 3200/-
Intel E7200 5475/-
Transcend 2 x 1GB 800Mhz DDR2 2100/-
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3 4250/-
Seagte 250GB HDD 2150/-
Samsung DVD Writer 1100/-
Zebronics Bijli 1550/-
Cooler Master 500W 2850/-

You can cut down the cost by taking a single 2GB Ram for 1750/- Dual channel doesn't give 2x performance. It is just marginally faster, around 5% that too in memory intensive applications (toms hardware). Also you can take a 460W SMPS for 2200/- if you donot connect many harddisks. I would suggest taking a non-intel motherboard as they are cheaper.

My budget is around 15k to 20k rupees.

I will be putting 2GB of RAM.

I used to be a pro at this but am seriously out of touch.

I need a core2duo processor, also an intel original motherboard, a decent-ish graphics card 3k-4k, a DVD writer,a 250 GB SATA Hard Disk, a Good Cabinet (with front USB etc.), Good SMPS (my last computer died due to bad SMPS).

Please guide me with brand names and model nos. in all cases as i will have to give this list to someone. The person who assembles my computer is shrewd, so i need to be very specific. I live in Delhi , also plz quote approx. prices.

I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I can live with onboard sound. Also am i missing something ?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Intel C2D E7200
Intel DG31PR
2GB Transcend 800MHz RAM
Seagate 7200.11 250GB HDD
ASUS 8600GT 256MB GDDR3
CM500W PSU
Zebronics Krissh cabinet
LG H55n optical drive /Samsung SH-203 optical drive/ LiteOn LH-20-A1P optical drive
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1speakers / Logitech M30 2.1 speakers

imgame2

Padawan
You can cut down the cost by taking a single 2GB Ram for 1750/- Dual channel doesn't give 2x performance. It is just marginally faster, around 5% that too in memory intensive applications (toms hardware). Also you can take a 460W SMPS for 2200/- if you donot connect many harddisks. I would suggest taking a non-intel motherboard as they are cheaper.

i agree that he should go for single stick 2GB RAM because ..later on he can add one more 2GB ..since the mobo u are suggesting can only support 4GB RAM ...and get that 5% increase in dual channel mode!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Intel C2D E7200
Intel DG31PR
2GB Transcend 800MHz RAM
Seagate 7200.11 250GB HDD
ASUS 8600GT 256MB GDDR3
CM500W PSU
Zebronics Krissh cabinet
LG H55n optical drive /Samsung SH-203 optical drive/ LiteOn LH-20-A1P optical drive
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1speakers / Logitech M30 2.1 speakers

Instead of DG31PR, u suggest him ASUS P5K C Mobo, or a XFX 630i mobo..
nyway DG31PR is best mobo in the line of DG31 boards from Intel....
WD 320GB costs just 300bucks more than 250GB.... So we r Getting 70GB for 300rs..:D

OP
W

wtech

Broken In
Hi thanks for the quick and detailed replies,

I wrote Intel original as i have had a bad experience with a mercury mb which my earlier assembler had used in my earlier PC. Basically if Asus etc. have good quality and warranty i have no issues. I had an old PC 233 MHz P2 MMX (had costed me 90k :p), it had an Intel original board and was rock solid (looking for reliability).

Apart from the DVD drive, i have 2 optical DVD ROM drives which i dont want to waste, so i need a good and powerful SMPS. I will have only 1 hard disk. I use 2 usb printers (one AIO and one colour laser).

Will i need extra fans for the graphics card ?

I will goto Nehru Place next week, plz list a good shop also which assembles components and gives good after sales :)

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Instead of Intel original mobo, there are lots of other good mobo's avaliable in the market. So i think better go for XFX 630i and also fits in u r budget. So here is the config

Processor : Intel Core2Duo E7200
Motherboard : XFX 630i
RAM : 2*1GB DDR2 800MHz
HDD : Seagate 250GB/320GB (Only 300bucks difference, infact for 320GB u will get great transfer speed as compared to 250GB, bcause 250GB has only 8MB Buffer while 320GB has 16MB buffer.)
Graphic Card : Palit 8600GT 512MB DDR2
PSU : CoolerMaster 500W
Cabinet : Zebronics Krish (Go for without PSU)
Optical Drive : Go for anyone
Speakers : Logitech M30 2.1 speakers

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
E7200
Palit P35A
2x1 GB Transcend DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar 640GB HDD
ASUS 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 (this one beats the 512MB GDDR2 one :razz:)
LG H55n optical drive
CM500W PSU
Zebronics Krissh cabinet
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
E7200
Palit P35A
2x1 GB Transcend DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar 640GB HDD
ASUS 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 (this one beats the 512MB GDDR2 one :razz:)
LG H55n optical drive
CM500W PSU
Zebronics Krissh cabinet
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers

^^ go for this one, in ur budget and awesome in all...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
BTW, how can you make a PC ?? are you building it from scratch at your house ?? Where did you get the silicone and all huh ??? :confused:

OP
W

wtech

Broken In
BTW, how can you make a PC ?? are you building it from scratch at your house ?? Where did you get the silicone and all huh ??? :confused:

<useless rant>
Sorry Dude , my bad, building is a more worthy/efficient/suitable way of expressing my point. Although if you refer any good thesaurus you would realise that make is an entirely suitable synonym for build and acceptable in most situations.

Even when you make coffee, you dont initiate the biochemical processes to make coffee beans from their molecular constituents. ;-)

I have used make in the context of making a new thing, as in the PC didnt exist and i made it , the config didnt exist and i made it, not the fact that i plan to etch each and every logical gate, bus and circuit by myself. Nor am i planning to code the Core2Duo fetch-instruction cycle, i barely like Assembly language. All the accumulators and buses and instruction sets make me dizzy these days.

Its just that i study and research in Computer Systems Architecture, these days my life is spent with Morris Mano (book, not the person) and research papers.
</useless rant>

Anyway i am a little out of touch with the market scenario and plus this PC is for my home where in i wont be able to fix problems.

Thanks for all your sincere help, glad to see people helping each other :) , also can someone tell me some reliable shop in Nehru Place.

P.S. sorry for the rant. Hopefully you do realise that silicone is a polymer compund, while silicon is the semiconductor constituent you wanted to refer to. And yes you can get Silicone very easily from hardware stores, its also used to seal crevices apart from cosmetic surgery purposes :p

Best Shop at Nehru Place (in my view) is SMC International. some of its indicative prices are :
E7200 - 5250
2x1 GB Transcend DDR2 800MHz RAM - 2100
WD Caviar 640GB HDD - 3700
ASUS 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 (this one beats the 512MB GDDR2 one ) - around 3k mark
LG H55n optical drive - 1050-1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom