15.0 GHz
Make Your CD-ROM \ CD-RW To Read DVD’s To Watch Movies

[MOD YOUR CD-ROM]

There Are Two Types Of CD-ROMS That Can Be Modded
1) 24x – 40x
2) 40x – 52x

Drives From 2x – 24x Are Too Old, So They Cannot Be Modded

We Have To Go With Laser Head Adjustment

The Track Pitch Of CD’s Is 1.6 microns & The Tracjk Pitch Of DVD’s, The Minimum Length Of Track Pitch Of CD’s Is 0.843mm & The Minimum Length Of Track Pitch Of DVD’s Is 0.293mm, As-a-result DVD’s Can Store Much More Data In The Size Of A CD.
Now We Need To Adjust The Laser Head So That It Can Read Discs With Shorter Track Pich.

Lets Start

Open Up The CD-ROM / CD-RW, You See The Lense On The Rail This Is The Laser Head, On The Side Of The Laser Head There Is A Screw You Can Adjust [This Is The Master Key For This MOD]

This Screw Adjusts The Size Of The Laser Beam That Lands On The Disc, The Laserbeam Should Be Less Than 0.293mm, To Read The DVD’s, To Do This Turn The Screw 2 – 3 Times, I Got This Number After Lot Of Trials [Don’t Forget How Many Times You Have Turned The Screw] [Safer Way : Keep A Note Of It]

Now We Go With Speed Adjustment

DVD-ROM Plays DVD’s Smoothly At 4x Speed, Now We Are Modding A 32x ROM To Read DVD’s, If DVD’s Are Read At 32x Speed, It Can Cause Damage To Both DVD As Well As The CD-ROM, So We Need To Decrease The Speed.

Power Supplies Can Provide 5V [Red Wire] & 12V (Yellow Wire) Electricity Output For Molex Connectors. Find The Molex Connector You'll Plug Into The Modded CD-ROM Drive, Cut The Yellow Wire Or Insulate With Tape, So Only 5V Of Electricity Is Transferred To The CD-ROM Drive. The Speed Of The Drive Is Now 32 * 5/17 = 9.41x & Can Now FulFill Our Requirements.

[Note : I Have Tested It & If You Go Wrong And Cause Any Damage To Drive I Will Not Be Responsible]

Offline Viewing

Smoke

Macroshaft® Losedos™ MVP
Very old and already posted several times.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-62152.html
*forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/775396.htm

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think trying ths is a gr8 idea. Aftr all its techie. Ny1 can buy a DVD-ROM nw its available for 1.2k. I'd love 2 try ths to my older CD-ROM

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
And of course its completely bogus! Wont work.

Totally agreed.

Lets Start

Open Up The CD-ROM / CD-RW, You See The Lense On The Rail This Is The Laser Head, On The Side Of The Laser Head There Is A Screw You Can Adjust [This Is The Master Key For This MOD]

This Screw Adjusts The Size Of The Laser Beam That Lands On The Disc, The Laserbeam Should Be Less Than 0.293mm, To Read The DVD’s, To Do This Turn The Screw 2 – 3 Times, I Got This Number After Lot Of Trials [Don’t Forget How Many Times You Have Turned The Screw] [Safer Way : Keep A Note Of It]

CD & DVD drives use different kind of laser ray to read discs..So it won't work.

If all the lasers were same you could burn discs with ROm drives & read Blue ray discs with DVD drives...........:p & I've seen this trick on many other places before here..so the trick is basically a ripped one :p

Now We Go With Speed Adjustment

DVD-ROM Plays DVD’s Smoothly At 4x Speed, Now We Are Modding A 32x ROM To Read DVD’s, If DVD’s Are Read At 32x Speed, It Can Cause Damage To Both DVD As Well As The CD-ROM, So We Need To Decrease The Speed.

Power Supplies Can Provide 5V [Red Wire] & 12V (Yellow Wire) Electricity Output For Molex Connectors. Find The Molex Connector You'll Plug Into The Modded CD-ROM Drive, Cut The Yellow Wire Or Insulate With Tape, So Only 5V Of Electricity Is Transferred To The CD-ROM Drive. The Speed Of The Drive Is Now 32 * 5/17 = 9.41x & Can Now FulFill Our Requirements.

Do you have even a little idea about Cd & DVD drives x speed rating ?????

In case of CDs 1x means = 150KB/s
In case of DVDs 1x means = 1350 KB/s

A DVD drive supports max speed of 22x which means 29700 KB/S or 198x of CD reading speed !!

So if 32x CD reading speed means 3.5x DVd read speed ( approx ) & if you are going to provide insufficient power to a drive it will not start.

Go get your head examined by a doctor & learn some math & some thing about computers :p

fatalcore

Journeyman
^^^Hi topgear,
really bro,At one time i was shocked now after reading ur post i could not stop laughing.:):)
I simply cant stop it.Neway I completely agree with u.

And for others,If u really want to buy a NEW CDRW OR DVDRW then please go ahead with this trick and tell ur father or guardian or yourself that finally this old one has stoped working . SO u deserve a new one. Else DONT TRY IT.
Regards,
Fatalcore

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
but there do exists overclock which promishes of giving better performance than stock anytime , so if possible in Processor then why not cdvd drives .

i would love anytime to use PS3's blue ray to be used in a regular computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom