MAKE WINXP STARTUP/SHUTDOWN FASTER !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
raghu-RAM said:
i tried trial of startup faster it worked fine.
i m facing problem with some of the apps like proxypro
even if i remove it from my startup using msconfig command, the next time it reappears.any other way??

use the startup utility (which gets instld with sp2 or autopatcher) or winpatrol to remove it from ur startup items. hope it helps u.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
some useful info i came across as to how to use bootvis the correct way :

BootVis - Download

BootVis is a boot performance trace visualization and optimization tool. This tool invokes the built-in Windows XP boot time optimization process when you run it, instead of waiting for it to be scheduled by Windows (roughly every three days and after the system has been idle 10 minutes). You will notice immediate improvement in boot performance for this reason. It is not necessary to run BootVis again unless something has been added or removed from the boot sequence (Drivers, Startup Applications ect...)

Instructions :
Download and Run. In the menu go to "Trace", select "Next Boot and Driver Delays". A "Trace Repetitions" screen will appear, select "Ok" and Reboot. Upon reboot, BootVis will automatically start, analyze and log your system's boot process. When it's done, in the menu go to "Trace" and select "Optimize System" and Reboot. This time when your system comes up, wait until you see the "Optimizing System" box appear, continue to wait until the process is complete.

Notes - BootVis requires the following services be enabled and the system rebooted before using the "Optimize System" function:

- Task Scheduler - Automatic
- COM+ Event System - Automatic

Here

nikhilrao

Journeyman
Nice Thanks buddy. Chek dis out.

NEW WINPATROL 2007
Startup Faster then ever!The newest feature of WinPatrol will greatly accelerate your system startup time. While WinPatrol 2007 has been improved in many ways our favorite new feature is called "Delayed Start".
You probably have programs which you do want running in the background but you don't need to launch immediately on boot up. WinPatrol's Delayed Start allows you to specify the time to wait before launching programs which may typically try to load while other system initialization are happening.

WinPatrol runs great with Windows Vista and takes advantage of its new enhanced security features. If you use Vista's UAC(User Access Control), you may find some startup programs require your permission before they can begin. Moving these programs to our Delayed Start list can prevent simultaneous annoying systems pop ups everytime you restart your computer. *www.winpatrol.com/

xbonez

NP : Crysis
it also helps if u select the option of /noguiboot from msconfig (type in run) and undere tab boot.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom