Make a forum using phpBB and install mod/hack in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
But yahoo and others donot support unauthenticated relays.

In the PHPBB FAQ they have said clearly that no SMTP server can allow to send email through.So the only choice we have is a server with Sendmail.....

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
Yahoo doesn't give the SMTP support only POP3. As I said get an account at a free SMTP hosting provider.
Try some from here
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=free+smtp&meta=

cheetah

In the zone
Hey Rohit...
I l8r found that they have just changed the functinality og mail () function to reduce spam...But its working with the forum...

Thanks again for the tutorial man....My board is up and running....Anyways i will not use it as a board but as a website.I will install guestbooks,link applications and some other hacks to make it look like a website...

Any suggestions and hacks are welcomed...

Thanks again for the last time...

cheetah

In the zone
hey bharath...Orgfree is the best php host i have seen.U see there are many reputed websites running over there like sms2all.org and i have never seen this website down.

Thats why i have chosen this host.I have been lucky to register because now they have stopped regsitering new users.

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey rohit go in problem man just registered my account at www.100webspace.com and uploaded all unzipped content in / directory ie /install; /admin etc.

as u told I set the permission of the config.php to 666 but whenever I write the adress of my site ie
*username.webpal.info/install/install.php a web space control panel login menu appears.
SO what I did wrong I created the Database as well
there is also a /username.webpal.info directory. what does it contains???

cheetah

In the zone
@Duded - One Question----

I am fed up of installing\removing mods....I wanna preview them offline before implementing online...

What things i need to install to run PHP offline...

I guess a server like Apache,PHP and few other things...

Plz list full essentials and also some installation tips...

Waiting...

And I Like M Stuck At D Same Place N Want To Ask D Same Question...
I'm Using The FileZilla FTP Client...
The File,
phpbb/cache/.htaccess
Does Not Upload Givin An Error...
Critical transfer error
Is There Some Problem... I Checked The Mode, Its' Auto...
I Even Tried Using FTP Commander But The Same File Failed 2 Upload...
Host: *orgfree.com
I've Already Uploaded Everythin Else In Respective Directories...!!!

cheetah

In the zone
Leave the file...

The forum will work even without the file...100 % guarantee...

The file is just to change the default page of the forum...Like if u wanna change the forum page from Index.PHP to something else....I guess this method work on apache servers...Orgfree dont allow this file cos its useless on their server...

Go ahead dude...Any other question??? Ask here...

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
cheetah said:
@Duded - One Question----

I am fed up of installing\removing mods....I wanna preview them offline before implementing online...

What things i need to install to run PHP offline...

I guess a server like Apache,PHP and few other things...

Plz list full essentials and also some installation tips...

Waiting...
hehe
Why worry
Like u upload the phpBB files, upload another phpBB files in different folder. By this u can have 2 forums, one the main forum, the other the testing forum. Install all the mods/hacks on the test one. Now remember that while installing it asks for the table prefixes. It is phpbb_ or something like that. Just change it so that the forum can use the same old db. Thats all :lol:

Somethin More...

I Left ".htaccess" And I Actually Installed phpBB Widout Any Probs...

Now I Just Wanna Know...

# Now Dat I've Already Installed The Board... The URL Is Like...
*xxxxxx.6te.net/phpbb2/index.php
But I Want To Change D Directory Path To Somthin Like This...
*xxxxxx.6te.net/forum/index.php
So Would Simply Renaming The Folder 'phpbb2' to 'forum' Do D Trick...???

# Second Thin, As I'm Hosting On *orgfree.com, I Don't Have An SMTP Service... So, Can U Recommend A Good One... Wid Its' Complete Info' Viz...The Complete Information I'd Need To Enter In D General Configuration Settings. An Example Wud B Even More Helpful...

Thanks... :)

cheetah

In the zone
1. If u have not installed the forum yet (Thru PHPBB2/Install/Install.php) then u can rename the file otherwise u cant...

2 Orgfree allow mail relays so no need to signup for smtp service.
To verify goto mass email in the admin section and try sending email.The email will be delivered to all the recepients.

any more qs????ask here...

Now...

Allrite Den...
Forums Ready...
Now Somthin Bout Templates(Themes), Avatars, Smileys, Folder Images, Ranks...
Not The "How-To", But "From-Where-To"...
I've Got Some... ;)
# *www.phpbb-design.com
# *www.phpbbhacks.com
And I Need Some... :)

cheetah

In the zone
Download them from phpbb.com or the best one is phpbbstyles.com .

I prefer simple styles\themes. There are some themes that need the Xtreme Theme Mod to be installed. I guess if u install them the simple themes the subsilver dont work or they give some error. So avoid Extreme themes like Morpheus Extreme, Go for Morpheus Simple Version.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
[flAsh said:
]hey rohit go in problem man just registered my account at www.100webspace.com and uploaded all unzipped content in / directory ie /install; /admin etc.

as u told I set the permission of the config.php to 666 but whenever I write the adress of my site ie
*username.webpal.info/install/install.php a web space control panel login menu appears.
SO what I did wrong I created the Database as well
there is also a /username.webpal.info directory. what does it contains???

:lol: :lol: @rohit.. doesn this sound familiar!!! :lol: m8 i faced this same freakin prob!!! leave out 100 webspace..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom