Macbook Air...some queries...

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Hi guys, Planning to get a Macbook air basically to use while travelling and i hope its the lightest yet powerful laptop i can get.. But have 3 queries regarding the same...

1.Can i install Windows Xp along with Mac OS, as sometimes may require Windows applications to run, Also will there be any driver issue

2.Where to get it at a cheaper cost? Mumbai Grey Market or USA /UK/Aus....

3.Battery backup and also whether they will replace the battery under warranty if im not getting the backup after using some days...

red dragon

Master troll
1.No,you cannot install xp in bootcamp with Lion,but can install win7(since the new macbook air comes with lion pre installed,there is no way you can downgrade to SL,install xp in boot camp and upgrade to lion again)
2.DO NOT buy it without a physical bill,you might end up in huge trouble if it needs repair or you buy Apple Care at a later date.
Most dealers/official Apple service providers double check the serial based warranty with the physical bill.
Apple does provide hassle free international warranty,you can buy from any country,but do not forget to keep a print of the bill if you want ASS i India.)
3.The 11 inchers have relatively less battery back up(4hrs aprox.)
13 inchers are comparable to MBP 2011.
Oh!lemme tell you one more thing...the MBP 13 has a much better display than the Air 13..do compare them yourself before taking the shot!

Top Bottom