Mac OS X is not user friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
its a shame. i have been using windows for over 8 years now. i started off with windows 98 and went on until windows 7 arrived and then i bought apple macbook pro to try out something new. its the 13.3 inch screen with 2.26 GHz processor. you wont find the screen size difference between 14.1 and 13.3. its a based model and paid 62K (student discount) for it from ansal plaza, delhi.

my first impression was "wow". its light, gives about 6+ hours battery life although they say 7 hours!, the screen is awesome (what is wrong with the author?). unlike other laptops, i can watch movies from any direction and not worry about the battery getting exhausted while traveling.

the multi touch trackpad is like wow. please youtube for a video. windows' laptops SUCKS to the core. and i mean it. nobody in his/her right mind will want to go back to the windows laptops once you start off with macbook pro. i have bought over 50 laptops for friends and family - dell, lenovo, compaq, hp etc etc and nothing matches what macbook pro has to offer. the OS is just awesome - snow leopard.

the points that the author made is valid in few aspects. its only a matter of time before u get used to the mac world. he was born in the windows world and couldn't adapt himself. many changes has been made now and more than half of this points are not valid anymore. the rest is just a matter of time learning the new OS.

if you have the money, go for macbook pro and you will never ever wanna go back to windows' laptops! i assure u that. its worth paying 62k. which windows laptop gives 6+ hours battery backup and light as macbook pro with keyboard lid at night and multi touch trackpad (u must check the youtube videos on trackpad) and many other features...

remember, sanjay dutt and few other actors remain as they can adapt themselves to changes. action hero to comedians! while others like sunny doel went offline hehe

chooza

Journeyman
its a shame. i have been using windows for over 8 years now. i started off with windows 98 and went on until windows 7 arrived and then i bought apple macbook pro to try out something new. its the 13.3 inch screen with 2.26 GHz processor. you wont find the screen size difference between 14.1 and 13.3. its a based model and paid 62K (student discount) for it from ansal plaza, delhi.

my first impression was "wow". its light, gives about 6+ hours battery life although they say 7 hours!, the screen is awesome (what is wrong with the author?). unlike other laptops, i can watch movies from any direction and not worry about the battery getting exhausted while traveling.

the multi touch trackpad is like wow. please youtube for a video. windows' laptops SUCKS to the core. and i mean it. nobody in his/her right mind will want to go back to the windows laptops once you start off with macbook pro. i have bought over 50 laptops for friends and family - dell, lenovo, compaq, hp etc etc and nothing matches what macbook pro has to offer. the OS is just awesome - snow leopard.

the points that the author made is valid in few aspects. its only a matter of time before u get used to the mac world. he was born in the windows world and couldn't adapt himself. many changes has been made now and more than half of this points are not valid anymore. the rest is just a matter of time learning the new OS.

if you have the money, go for macbook pro and you will never ever wanna go back to windows' laptops! i assure u that. its worth paying 62k. which windows laptop gives 6+ hours battery backup and light as macbook pro with keyboard lid at night and multi touch trackpad (u must check the youtube videos on trackpad) and many other features...

remember, sanjay dutt and few other actors remain as they can adapt themselves to changes. action hero to comedians! while others like sunny doel went offline hehe

For you. Kindly go through all these
*www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article...er-Snow-Leopard-and-you-should-too/1253136981

*gizmodo.com/5285452/os-x-snow-leopard-vs-windows-7-the-final-countdown

*www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137182/OS_deathmatch_Snow_Leopard_vs._Windows_7

*www.osnews.com/story/22124/Comparing_Windows_7_Snow_Leopard_Icons

So, never try to compare the one in the millionth product to a universal product like MS Windows. I use my PC for my own work,, not for ne sanjay dutt or etc.

Krow

Crowman
Lol @ this thread! Really funny to see all these arguments. Quit it guys... Use what you like best. :)

hackerzlab

Journeyman
@chooza,

m comparing the hardware! but yeah the Snow Leopard beats Windows too in many aspects. i don't wanna start a hate thread here and so won't do in detail..

OS is a matter of time before one learn to use it. the links u provided are just comparisons between windows 7 and snow leopard.

they can NEVER compare the hardware apple has to offer in this price range. which laptop that runs windows gives u 6+ hours battery backup with multitouch trackpad and sleek and light as macbook pro @ Rs 62,000? NONE. admit it.

anywaz its funny.. how people will shed their blood for :) ..m having fun with my new macbook pro and i still recommend anyone who can afford it. you will not wanna go back to windows.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

SRK always goes after others wives in his movies and still he is there in the industry :)

Take a look at Sony Vaio, Dell XPS, Thinkpad X series, Acer 5738 series laptops.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
PHP:
SRK always goes after others wives in his movies and still he is there in the industry

i wish i could too hehe

and thanx for your valuable suggestions in the other forums. i feel i made the best choice. i was checking on dell xps too after u mentioned it but went for the other. no regrets although searching for pirated software is hard hehe.. windows' is better that way hehe

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yep. You did make the right decision. Btw, does that macbook pro have 9600M GT? If it has, that would be terrific buy.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
"Mac aint friendly anymore to windows users" :idea:

Mac OS X user is not Windows friendly :D

Mac is not pocket friendly.

Mac is only Deep Pocket friendly :rolleyes:

Best of all :D

SRK always goes after others wives in his movies and still he is there in the industry :)

Take a look at Sony Vaio, Dell XPS, Thinkpad X series, Acer 5738 series laptops.

:D i did the same.. I liked Sony Vaio but the model i liked was 1.3lac and it was out of my budget. Next best thing were XPS and MacBookPro(Personaly dont like brands like Acer.Used Thinkpad befor and dont want to use again). Looked at Dell XPS and Macbook pro and i end up with a macbook pro. Reason was not the OS but the dashing stylish laptop with that multi touch. But now after using it for almost 2 months i feel i have started liking Mac Snow leopard. Born and grown on pirated OS from 98 to vista i always felt windows is best and still now i feel window is much ahead from OS X for application support but something i really fell good about the OS X is the clean look and dont have unwanted stuffs, NO MAJOR PROBLEM of VIRUS atleast till now and i hated scanning pendrives of my friends which i dont need to do now :) Also one best part why a mac user wont miss winodw is because of the support of virtualization. I can literally run any windows app even IE6 which you cant do on Vista :p on Mac using CrossOver or run vista or win 7 on macos x with VMware parallel or to play NFS i have a 30 GB of dedicated windows vista bootable on my laptop just restart and play game.

Macbook Pro is a lovely device and would suggest anyone spending good amount of money for laptop should have a look for macbook pro.The aluminum body rocks.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
^^yep. You did make the right decision. Btw, does that macbook pro have 9600M GT? If it has, that would be terrific buy.

i got NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. it will do for now wit 2GB RAM but it runs like 4GB RAM on windows vista! snow leopard is so smooth and far lighter than windows.

recommended to anyone who wants to buy a new laptop.

petricnout

Right off the assembly line
Hey Gxsaurav.
Myself Petricnout and I read your entire posting. I think you are absolutely right. Mac Os is not just the user friendly Operating System, It is useful for making application programming software. User friendly operating system is Microsoft OS Family. So, You should have to go for that. Anyways thanks for posting it .Stay connected.

jebarson007

Right off the assembly line
I wont even consider Mac to be an OS. A OS is supposed to run on any machine not some crap machine which is manufactured by the company.

A very good example for monopoly. You have to go to apple store for everything u need to do with your mac and you have to pay for the service packs which is nothing but their own bug fixes. I still dont understand why 5% of world still has to go behind this crap. Well may be there has to at least few stupid enough.

oval_man

Journeyman
New MacBook Pro with 7hours battery backup is available in India?

Anyone using it? Any digit review?

Plz share!

the.kaushik

New MacBook Pro with 7hours battery backup is available in India?

Anyone using it? Any digit review?

Plz share!

Ya am using and almost 2 months now. What details you want?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I wont even consider Mac to be an OS. A OS is supposed to run on any machine not some crap machine which is manufactured by the company.

A very good example for monopoly. You have to go to apple store for everything u need to do with your mac and you have to pay for the service packs which is nothing but their own bug fixes. I still dont understand why 5% of world still has to go behind this crap. Well may be there has to at least few stupid enough.

:D and the % increasing. Truly speaking i really dont want from MY heart, to increase the ratio. It will keep the apple factor alive :p After all if its for every one then its not apple :p

Last edited:

oval_man

Journeyman
^^^that's gr8! howz ur experience with Macbook pro?

I've enquired here in Chennai,they say new macbooks will be available only after 2-3 wks,

From where u got it? India? or US?

Howz d price? any big difference between macbook(basic model) and pro?

U can write a review to enlighten us!

the.kaushik

There are so many reviews in the internet so i dint wrote anything. :)
Though you can have my initial experience here and ask me specifically if you want to know *classictutorials.com/2009/09/11/101-with-mac-story-of-a-window-user/

I took it from Bangalore iStore (Reliance). Basic difference when i took was the multitouch pad (which now is available in the upcoming mac book also) and the aluminum body which is very nice and you can be rough to it ;) If you are taking the 13" model i would suggest you to have the one with 4GB. For me i took the 2Gb one and i really miss 4GB as it would have been better to run windows virtually and running heavy flash videos. Usually when i play games in facebook the laptop heats up(80 to 90C. Which according to apple is fine. I called there customer care). I feel i would have given it some more ram.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Mac OS X is not user friendly
Because:-
1)Users find it difficult to buy mac with ther petite money.
2)There are less stores available for it to buy and even more lesser money .
3)Steve Jobs is dying so the new boss is not user friendly.
4)It is difficult to pirate Os X than say windows so not user friendly.

quan chi

mortal kombat
but mac claims they are the worlds most adavanced os.:D

^^kinda agree .... Its all Macs in my lab, and being a long-term Windows and Linux user, I find OSX to be irritating in many aspects.... hence I work in my laptop and avoid Macs as far as its possible to..... BUT on the other hand I have seen my boss, a long term OSX user, finding difficulty to use PCs with as much ease as he does with his Mac.. .so yeah, its subjective and no point in bashing any OS.... use whichever u r comfortable with....:)

true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom