Mac OS X Hacked - Vista SP1 Hacked – Ubuntu Linux Survives Unscathed

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
^it is like they have to re-invent UNIX again to write a exploit may be :lol:
//offtopic:
@pro m$ fans:stop the whining;calling this forum anti-M$ means,Most of the members and visitors of this forum knows that other better OS's are there.so let them switch to the BEST!

yay!! my fav OS again emerges victorious!!
BTW tried mac osx leapord and it aint that good as people describe it to be.Ubuntu is better IMO!

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Any operating system is vulnerable to security threats.
Ever wondered why windows has most virus/spyware ? Due to market share.
This is the reason ; market share...
IF LINUX gets the market share then it would also be prone to threats like windows......anyways its up to the user to decide which OS to use and everyone has different tastes :razz:

praka123

left this forum longback
[URL="*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=30390" said:
The Conqueror[/URL]]IF LINUX gets the market share then it would also be prone to threats like windows......anyways its up to the user to decide which OS to use and everyone has different tastes :razz:
dont think so.the platform is very much robust compared to winblow$ and all :-|
*linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=virus

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
IF LINUX gets the market share then it would also be prone to threats like windows......anyways its up to the user to decide which OS to use and everyone has different tastes :razz:
actually this is not entirely true...

Linux has a big market share when it comes to server OS but all are very robust and stable.. CentOS is rocking

windows is vulnerable bcos of a lot of reasons not just one... os is noob friendly and extensive support for 3rd party software and quite a large availability of peripherals and hardware.... mac is also noob friendly but has a lot of restrictions in the area of 3rd party devices and software

yes market share also affects windows but not by the way you said but bcos MS cannot make their OS very very secure then anti-virus companies would start shouting anti-trust.... its the fault of MS in the first place thet there was an absolute need for these security companies and now they are paying the price...

_

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@OP, argh! you never understood the context I put it in, I didn't copy you, read again. There's a difference between our thoughts ;)

@others, I don't completely understand the concept of fanboy, but yes I love Linux.

Smoke

Macroshaft® Losedos™ MVP
does the news claims ubuntu to be more secure or all linux distros secure & safe?

praka123

left this forum longback
does the news claims ubuntu to be more secure or all linux distros secure & safe?
we can be sure that Ubuntu will be not!most secure distro?that title will,may be in general go to Debian or slackware :-| and FreeBSD is the pioneer!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Is Ubuntu really Un-hackable?
NO!

It is a hacking competition ppl. Not an OS competition The OS that is least used will fall first. But that doesn't make it less/more secure than any other OS - intelligent guess that is right in all probability

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
its all about chances people(I love being philosophical sometimes)

But the chances are,if a hacker is provided a win\mac pc and a linux pc,he is more likely to hack into win\mac first than linux.Its just probability,it may not the be in every case.

Almost all the websites and servers run on linux and still they get hacked.But common sense and updates helps a lot.:p

now,where is my $5000 and fujitsu laptop?:D

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Re: Mac OS X Hacked - Vista SP1 Hacked – Ubuntu Linux Survives Unscathed

Man, oh man...This argument has been done to death many times in most forums and yet people can't stop coming up with it every time they see a "Linux" and "Windows" words in the same thread....:|

praka123

left this forum longback
Linux from bottom itself is made secure.also Open Source means if at all any vulnerability is found,thousands of users and developers,corporate companies(redhat,novell,ibm) will plug the hole asap,unlike proprietary OS like vi$ta where,the vulnerabilities live for months and years without anyone outside M$ and hackers knowing :p .that is closed source

I know,it is hard to believe,but Linux is inherently much more secure and superior than any window$ versions.
read this if ur addicted to window$:
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm :)

ubuntu is very less secure.
It may be better off than many mainstream distros, but still...
When you compare it to Fedora, Custom Built versions of Arch, Gentoo, Debian, etc, Ubuntu sucks.
But yes, customisation can make it secure like others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom