Lumia 820 or htc 8s?

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
If you are mentioning this one, then The price is not mentioned there. Look at it.

*mobiles.sulekha.com/nokia_lumia-820_compare_prices.htm

More like this one...buy this is pretty old news I guess. I expect the price to be not less than 25K. May be more, but surely not less.

nikufellow

In the zone
@Krow Sir what you say about Nexus phones is true but what you say about the others isn't. Even non-Nexus devices do get updates. In fact my Dad's Tab 2 has got the JB upgrade about the month ago and even my Note would've gotten it already if it weren't for a vulnerability being discovered recently which Samsung wants to fix before releasing the new SW.
Agreed completely even with plethora of devices to update Samsung never disappoints or so is what my experiences make me believe .
Even i was going this and that about the expected time of arrival of 4.2 on my sgs3 until recently i read the gsmarena shoot out between sgs3 and nexus 4 ,in which they clearly state that Samsung's Premium suite is more impressive than improvements Google made on 4.2 and so sammy users won't be much affected by delayed updates .
Ps :nexus is a powerhouse but comes only in 8/16gb - how could that suffice in todays world where even games can take gb's of storage !

Let's wait for a week or two and see how Nokia prices the Lumias.

One thing to keep in mind is that we are talking about krait - newer generation Qualcomm soc devices here - they simply can't be expected to come at lower price points .

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Agreed completely even with plethora of devices to update Samsung never disappoints or so is what my experiences make me believe .
Even i was going this and that about the expected time of arrival of 4.2 on my sgs3 until recently i read the gsmarena shoot out between sgs3 and nexus 4 ,in which they clearly state that Samsung's Premium suite is more impressive than improvements Google made on 4.2 and so sammy users won't be much affected by delayed updates .
Ps :nexus is a powerhouse but comes only in 8/16gb - how could that suffice in todays world where even games can take gb's of storage !

One thing to keep in mind is that we are talking about krait - newer generation Qualcomm soc devices here - they simply can't be expected to come at lower price points .

And they aren't. Pretty expensive for an OS people are anyways reluctant to buy..

vihaan

Broken In
Its that time of the year...
I am confused again. I almost made my mind on the HTC 8S. But then, I saw numerous people complain about the low memory. Also, the 512 MB RAM could b a potential problem in a long run, as games have already started developing for ONLY 1GB..So the HTC is already outdated..
But The HTC 8S has Beats and a superb design that beats all design hands down.

Get the 820,
Reasons,
Better display
Dolby audio >>>beats audio
Much better cam.
1.5 ghz vs 1 ghz on 8s.
Nokia apps!!
Equaliser, yeah the 8s doesnt hav one , lol
512 mb ram is okay but 1gb is bttr for obvious reasons.
Nokia support.
Size, maybe its just me, but i found 8s a tad too small.

Top Bottom