Lumia 820 or htc 8s?

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Its that time of the year...
I am confused again. I almost made my mind on the HTC 8S. But then, I saw numerous people complain about the low memory. Also, the 512 MB RAM could b a potential problem in a long run, as games have already started developing for ONLY 1GB..So the HTC is already outdated..
But The HTC 8S has Beats and a superb design that beats all design hands down.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
1. if you are considering a phone in that range, i suggest take a look at xperia devices
2. beats is a marketing gimmick.
3. 512MB is less, if you are planning to purchase a phone i suggest get one with 1GB memory
4. wait 2-3 months as new android devices in line with powerful hardware.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Its that time of the year...
I am confused again. I almost made my mind on the HTC 8S. But then, I saw numerous people complain about the low memory. Also, the 512 MB RAM could b a potential problem in a long run, as games have already started developing for ONLY 1GB..So the HTC is already outdated..
But The HTC 8S has Beats and a superb design that beats all design hands down.

from these two i will any day go with nokia 820 but it will be lunched around 30k while you can opt for nokia 620 which will be lunched for 16k.

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
from these two i will any day go with nokia 820 but it will be lunched around 30k while you can opt for nokia 620 which will be lunched for 16k.

30k!! I would much rather go for 8S...that's wayyyy out of my budget. BTW, the 920 is going to be 33, so I doubt the 820 will be 30K.

Krow

Crowman
No matter what you end up buying, do not get a non-Nexus Android. I suggest you wait for Lumia 820 to launch. Ads are on TV about its imminent launch. It also has wireless charging, a nice addition.

8S has 4 GB internal and supports micro SD cards. So it should be good enough I guess.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
No matter what you end up buying, do not get a non-Nexus Android. I suggest you wait for Lumia 820 to launch. Ads are on TV about its imminent launch. It also has wireless charging, a nice addition.

8S has 4 GB internal and supports micro SD cards. So it should be good enough I guess.

why a non-nexus android?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Lumia 920 wont be less than 40k. And 820 will be priced around 30k. L620 will be around 18k. I wish Nokia launches L720 around 22-25k. There are no WP8 devices at that range.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
No way man...Nokia wont put that insane a price on the Lumia 920.Typical flagship price around 30-35k max.

SunE

Professional Newbie
@Krow Sir what you say about Nexus phones is true but what you say about the others isn't. Even non-Nexus devices do get updates. In fact my Dad's Tab 2 has got the JB upgrade about the month ago and even my Note would've gotten it already if it weren't for a vulnerability being discovered recently which Samsung wants to fix before releasing the new SW.

Krow

Crowman
@Krow Sir what you say about Nexus phones is true but what you say about the others isn't. Even non-Nexus devices do get updates. In fact my Dad's Tab 2 has got the JB upgrade about the month ago and even my Note would've gotten it already if it weren't for a vulnerability being discovered recently which Samsung wants to fix before releasing the new SW.

When was Jelly Bean launched? July or was it August? You're saying that a four month delay is acceptable? I don't think so.

Windows Phone and iOS updates reach users faster due to lack of fragmentation. Users have every right to latest updates. You don't pay just for the device, you pay for the content.

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Sure. But I still believe there are better devices out there than the Nexus range even if they get their updates a bit late. Now please let's just agree to disagree :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
^^ Sure. But I still believe there are better devices out there than the Nexus range even if they get their updates a bit late. Now please let's just agree to disagree :)

i agree :D

paying premium for a nexus device in india makes no sense, and even then there are better VFM options. unless you want only the latest....

Top Bottom