Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Now slowly 520 will be phased out. No more updates and no windows 8.1:cry:

This is annoying me a bit. Where did you get the "no windows 8.1" part from? I have asked you this a couple of time already. If its just your thoughts, then it'd be helpful to put a phrase like "I think" or "possibly" instead. Everything I have read so far points in the opposite direction, although this being MS one can never be sure.

Not hating, I genuinely want to know so that I can make a better call when advicing someone else.

through email? how airtel came to know about your email id? what you did? signup in nokia account?
you can always pass the code to me ;)

arey, the email which is associated with my snapdeal account. the one used for registering... airtel didnt send the code. snapdeal did.

I'll pass the code to you only if i can use it to get the lumia black and gdr3 update. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
arey, the email which is associated with my snapdeal account. the one used for registering... airtel didnt send the code. snapdeal did.

I'll pass the code to you only if i can use it to get the lumia black and gdr3 update. :p

strange. flipkart didn't send me any code.

updated to GDR3 a few days ago OTA. smoothly done.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Lumia 52X : Discussion thread

Bit off topic.
Can anyone mention the exact difference between 525 & 520 except ram?

Suppose if I'm able to sell my 520 for 6.5k -7k will Lumia 525 be an good update.
I'm not into gaming but 1gb ram & future updates 8.1 quite luring me.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Where is the $ sign when I chat in whatsapp?!?!?!

Long press the Rupee sign to see the $ sign popup.

Or just set the keyboard to US English from settings, and remove any other keyboard like Hindi - sets the rupee sign to be $ instead and also frees up a key to switch languages at the lower left corner of the keyboard.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Updated mine to Black finally..What are the new features in it??Didn't see a whole lot of difference..How does the double tap work?

reniarahim1

Youngling
Updated mine to Black finally..What are the new features in it??Didn't see a whole lot of difference..How does the double tap work?

major features are:-
1. Double tap to wake
2. Bluetooth LE v4
3. Close applications from Multitasking window
4. Notifications on Glance Screen (Not applicable for L520)
5. Driving mode

You need to enable double tap to wake up under settings-> system -> touch
then just double tap screen when its locked. no need to use lock/unlock button :lol:

jacob_901

Right off the assembly line
I love lumia but unable to buy it until I sold out my new phone. I have seen many best deals over paydeals. I will buy lumia as soon as possible.

:lol:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
major features are:-
1. Double tap to wake
2. Bluetooth LE v4
3. Close applications from Multitasking window
4. Notifications on Glance Screen (Not applicable for L520)
5. Driving mode

You need to enable double tap to wake up under settings-> system -> touch
then just double tap screen when its locked. no need to use lock/unlock button :lol:
Thanks a lot..Appreciated.

Top Bottom