Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
4. FM radio
5. Lumia Color profile
6. Improved Phone storage and SD card storage details.
7. Flip to silence

You can install Nokia Pro Cam (Now Nokia Camera) now with a proxy + region hack.

1. Wheres the radio option available??
2. Flip to silence??

I have tried the other two features.. liked the storage check option(though was using it from way before the update)..

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
1. Wheres the radio option available?? Music+videos > Radio
2. Flip to silence?? Settings > Audio (You can mute a phone call ring, just by flipping over the phone down)

I have tried the other two features.. liked the storage check option(though was using it from way before the update)..

raj_in

In the zone
is this available on your phone?
i can't do it
Browsing for news | Windows Phone How-to (भारत)

kaudey

Journeyman
I am facing this very annoying issue with my 520 which has become very frequent now. In between a call, the proximity sensor stops working and the call gets disconnected or goes to on hold due to your ear or cheek touching one of those buttons. The phone stays this way till you reboot it. Usually u can see a dim red led glowing near ur earpiece when you are making a call, which, my guess is the proximity sensor. I cant see it glowing when the issue happens, but it gets corrected when I reboot it.
Any workarounds??

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

Thanks..

I recently bought a 16GB memory card for my L520 but i was facing this problem of multiple video names in my previous memory card.. any wayi can prevent the duplicate names in this memory card.. Do i format and store everything again??

is this available on your phone?
i can't do it
Browsing for news | Windows Phone How-to (भारत)

Not happening!!

raj_in

In the zone
what app are you guys using ??
i am using the following
1. whatsapp
2. battery (but found out about the Insider today so will be using either that or this)
3. HERE maps & Drive
4. FreeSMS ( problem works sometimes so no way to know when its not working :()
5. Wikipedia
6. Lockscreen Texter Lite (very useful sometime as i am lazy & forgetful constantly reminds me to study)
7. Sticky Notes (but didnt like it that much i like build in ONE NOTE better)
8. Advanced English Dictionary Free (haven't used it but great reviews)
9. UC Browser (hate it when sliding through text in zoom mode it goes back to previous page)
10. THE Football App (great app will try few more but i doubt any other will be better)
11. ESPN Hub (great app will try few more but i doubt any other will be better)
12. moneycontrol (for markets)
13. NDTV (for news)
14. Social media (Facebook Twitter)

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
what app are you guys using ??
i am using the following
1. whatsapp
2. battery (but found out about the Insider today so will be using either that or this)
3. HERE maps & Drive
4. FreeSMS ( problem works sometimes so no way to know when its not working :()
5. Wikipedia
6. Lockscreen Texter Lite (very useful sometime as i am lazy & forgetful constantly reminds me to study)
7. Sticky Notes (but didnt like it that much i like build in ONE NOTE better)
8. Advanced English Dictionary Free (haven't used it but great reviews)
9. UC Browser (hate it when sliding through text in zoom mode it goes back to previous page)
10. THE Football App (great app will try few more but i doubt any other will be better)
11. ESPN Hub (great app will try few more but i doubt any other will be better)
12. moneycontrol (for markets)
13. NDTV (for news)
14. Social media (Facebook Twitter)

1 AccuWeather
2. Artha
3.BigFlix
4.Camera 360
5. Delhi Metro
6.GeekWire
7. Getthemall
8.gMaps
9. Here maps & drive
10. Lock screen changer
11.meme generator
12.masicXmatch
13. Nokia Creative Studio(In love with this App)
14. Nokia Panorama, Smart Cam & Video Editor
15. One Note
16.Shazam
17. The Times Of India app
18. Train Status
19. True Caller
20. UC
21. Viber
22.Whatsapp
23. Zapi Battery
24. Zomato

I havnt mentioned the pre-installed apps(office, adobe) and a fewer smaller ones(Amazing facts, Altitude, Wisdom Quotes, Nokia Lockscreen etc etc)..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Lumia 520 in snapdeal for rs 6421 with coupon RUN20 :-D. ordered one for a friend. this is the best time to try it guys. This is a really nice offer.

sksundram

In the zone
Lumia 520 in snapdeal for rs 6421 with coupon RUN20 :-D. ordered one for a friend. this is the best time to try it guys. This is a really nice offer.

It's working on other phones also, tried on xolo q800 and xolo q700.. Prices reduced..

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Another thing i noticed is that the earphones which came with my L520 are exactly the same one as dupplied with the Nokia 108 which is a 2k phone.This is being cheap by Nokia.How can you provide the same earphone that comes with a feature phone ?
Also another thing is when i plug in my earphone the sound does not come right away.I have to fiddle with the pin a bit to get sound so there seems to be some connection issue between the 3.5mm jack and earphone.I tried this with 2 earphones and same result with both.The headphone jack seems to be faulty.Has anyone faced this issue?

Wow i guess i should have waited as i just recently bought L520 Cyan for 8.7k

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Another thing i noticed is that the earphones which came with my L520 are exactly the same one as dupplied with the Nokia 108 which is a 2k phone.This is being cheap by Nokia.How can you provide the same earphone that comes with a feature phone ?
Also another thing is when i plug in my earphone the sound does not come right away.I have to fiddle with the pin a bit to get sound so there seems to be some connection issue between the 3.5mm jack and earphone.I tried this with 2 earphones and same result with both.The headphone jack seems to be faulty.Has anyone faced this issue?

Wow i guess i should have waited as i just recently bought L520 Cyan for 8.7k

The cheaper earphones are bundled in for the cost cutting.. They give average quality sound..

raj_in

In the zone
facing a problem guys...
while playing temple run its automatically crashing
lets say once in every 20times
anybody faced this problem?
id so any explanation/solution why its happening?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Temple run crashed once for me. But it was rectified with the latest version.
You still facing?

Top Bottom