Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

surajmittal

Right off the assembly line
I think Its the best phone in this price. Main features of this device are 4-inch IPS LCD Display , Windows 8 OS , 512MB RAM , 5MP Rear Camera , 8GB Internal memory, expandable up to 64GB , 3G, GPS, GLONASS, WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, Bluetooth, USB , 1430 mAh battery.

kaudey

Journeyman
Please suggest me a good in-ear handsfree for my L520. My old X6 handsfree is not compatible with L520 :(...and the bundled ones are really painful for long hours of conf calls.

H2O

Journeyman
Thinking of buying Nokia Lumia 520.

How is the music?

One more thing.

Does Skype work in Lumia 520?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
WTH!
Today i've reset my mobile to get rid of the annoying "Other storage" of 3GB. After 5 mins of initial start, i checked the storage under "Settings", it listed 390MB in others..

How is this possible..

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
WTH!
Today i've reset my mobile to get rid of the annoying "Other storage" of 3GB. After 5 mins of initial start, i checked the storage under "Settings", it listed 390MB in others..

How is this possible..
Its roughly the equivalent of the %temp% in Windows, there is no way it can be gotten rid of. The OS puts all the recently used data there, and thats why its 390MB already.

BTW, didnt the Nokia storage check app help?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
^ There's no equaliser for L520, so you've to live with inbuilt stereo preset.
Stock earphone with L520 is not at all good, coz it got big buds, low-sound and not in-ear. So, if you're in public you've to set the volume to the MAX (coz of noise) to listen.

If you want to enjoy the inbuilt stereo, it's advisable to get a new in-ear.

On music front, not saying that it's bad. I've listed what's lacking in it.
Before buying, try a demo.

PS _ All Lumia's comes with Nokia music, where you can stream unlimited amount of songs for certain period (6 months i guess).

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ There's no equaliser for L520, so you've to live with inbuilt stereo preset.
Stock earphone with L520 is not at all good, coz it got big buds, low-sound and not in-ear. So, if you're in public you've to set the volume to the MAX (coz of noise) to listen.

If you want to enjoy the inbuilt stereo, it's advisable to get a new in-ear.

On music front, not saying that it's bad. I've listed what's lacking in it.
Before buying, try a demo.

PS _ All Lumia's comes with Nokia music, where you can stream unlimited amount of songs for certain period (6 months i guess).

Its one year.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Would have bought this phone for my wife if this had FM. Unfortunately have to buy another Android since wife loves to listen to FM.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
The new update, which is expected to start rolling out to existing Windows Phone 8 phones later this summer, brings back support for FM radio (we heard you!) and makes the Data Sense feature of Windows Phone 8 available for more carriers to offer. The update also makes it easier to select, download, and pin tunes in Xbox Music and improves the accuracy of song info and other metadata—something I know music fans will appreciate. (FM Radio and Data Sense availability depend on your phone model and carrier.)

The update includes hundreds of other small quality improvements. One final one worth highlighting, as we announced earlier, is that the update also ensures Windows Phone continues to work with Google services by adding support for the company’s newest sync protocols—CalDAV and CardDAV.
Meet the Lumia 925: Nokia's First Metal Windows Phone (by Michael Stroh)

Last edited:
Top Bottom