Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

noob

Cyborg Agent
Are you sure about that (whatsapp)? I mean how does one get messages just after exiting the app (the back button exit) if the service is updated only once in 30 minutes? I am asking just because I am curious, and since you are developing for WP, I guess you'll be in a better position as compared to me to answer this :)

Yes. What i said is right. It is the push notification we get when the app is not in foreground.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
WhatsApp does not have a logout mechanism. The application is designed to always be connected so that you receive your messages quickly, even when you are not actively using your phone. This is similar to how SMS works and allows WhatsApp messages to be delivered almost instantly.
This is for Nokia phones (S40/S60), but am not sure whether it's applicable to WP too

WhatsApp FAQ - WhatsApp is always on and connected, how do I log off?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
There is an app called Stop the Music, I guess it kills all services piggybacking on the music API somehow. Maybe it can be used too.

Theodre

In the zone
Guys my friend have a problem!! He cannot connect the phone to pc, when connected to windows desktop app it shows that the phone is locked Untitled.jpg

What should i/he do??

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Guys my friend have a problem!! He cannot connect the phone to pc, when connected to windows desktop app it shows that the phone is lockedView attachment 10927

What should i/he do??

Just connect it like you would connect any android phone. Why do you use the app? Kill it via the task manager, just to be sure. The phone should appear below the drives in My computer.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
My IDBI Visa Debit Card is compatible with Windows Phone App Store. Pleasantly surprised.

^ We can try the demo.

Not really in a mood to download 512 MB demo. Just wanted first hand experience if anyone here has bought it.

Demo runs flawlessly on the 920 (1 gb version, never updated the game to the 512 mb version)

Of course it does ;)

Figured out my 2G/3G problem. Actually, BSNL's 2G is so pathetically slow on my phone that many app refuses to work with it and show Network error. Whatsapp, Internet Explorer work. I tested it with SpeedTest, and here's the result.

*i4.minus.com/jbqeH4LAAHHjaV_e.jpg

This was for a server in my own city.

And even my 3G was so slow, that I assumed it to be 2G. I am getting about 300kbps when I set it to 3G.

My battery life has considerably improved. Lasts the day, now. Cautious use + Few tweaks did the job.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
My IDBI Visa Debit Card is compatible with Windows Phone App Store. Pleasantly surprised.

Not really in a mood to download 512 MB demo. Just wanted first hand experience if anyone here has bought it.

Of course it does ;)

Note that i was running the 1gb version of the GAME not pointing out that the 920 has 1GB. Just clarifying ;)

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
If you can bargain, you can get it for 9.3~9.7k.

The mobile store people had put up 9.8K as their starting price, i'l try to squeeze in a 8GB memory card + Screen guard for 9.8K, so would bring the price of the cell to around ~9.4k..

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
L520 FTW!!

*cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2013/06/adduplexjune13india.jpg?itok=CIGmw5z2

New data shows an even more popular Lumia 520; Windows Phone 8 overtakes predecessor | Windows Phone Central

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
L520 shells are in sale. :mrgreen:

CC-3068 Mobiles Mobiles - HomeShop18.com
CC-3068 | eBay

*encode.ru/images/smilies/spanish_wave.gif*encode.ru/images/smilies/spanish_wave.gif*encode.ru/images/smilies/spanish_wave.gif*encode.ru/images/smilies/spanish_wave.gif

Top Bottom