Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Anyone especially from MUMBAI interested in sharing VEEGEE Anti-Finger Print Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector Scratch Guard For Nokia Lumia 520

Pack of 5 for just Rs.500/- from Amazon
Buy VEEGEE 5X Anti-Finger Print Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector Scratch Guard For Nokia lumia 520 (Pack of 5) Online at Low Price in India | VEEGEE 5X Anti-Finger Print Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector Scratch Guard For Nokia lumia 520 (Pack of 5)

BTW I'm from Mumbai

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I am unable to Update to Win 8.1 on my Lumia 520. It says it is up to date...:-(
Any help.??Tried resetting,but it was of no use

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
official update is not yet available. Its developer preview which the other members trying...
Lumia Cyan is out, but for L925 in Argentina. We have to wait more.
Lumia Cyan update rolling out for select Lumia 925 owners in Finland and Argentina | WinBeta

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
+1 to that.
For me the size & shape of lumia 625 is perfect so wanna something similar but with better proccy 1.5 or 1.7 dual core krait, camera flash, slightly better battery & 1gb ram with Win 8.1.

For time being seriously thinking of Moto E for battery backup & can expect better resale price.

Last edited:
OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
L520 is draining a lot, after WP8.1 dev preview update.
Not sure whether this is because of me playing games or the problem in my phone.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Mine 520 drains a lot when in 3G not in standby but while surfing. In your case I guess Games are the culprit.....

Now tapatalk is not working for TDF since last 3 updates of tapatalk :(

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
There was a post on WPCentral, where a L520 user installed 2450mAh battery instead of inbuilt 1430mAh and using it.
Can I use a higher capacity battery in Lumia 520 - Windows Phone Central Forums

In stores, i only find BL-5J Battery with 1430mAh, and nothing more.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Now the phone gets hot when on 3g battery draining faster. Is the battery culprit or I need to show the phone to Nokia care?
Offlate I'm charging the phone with my nexus 7 charger may be that have impacted the phones battery...:-(

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Hi,

I have a new iphone and want to know how can I transfer my contacts from nokia lumia 625?
Connect both via Bluetooth, and use 'Transfer my data' option from WP.

- - - Updated - - -

Now the phone gets hot when on 3g battery draining faster. Is the battery culprit or I need to show the phone to Nokia care?
Offlate I'm charging the phone with my nexus 7 charger may be that have impacted the phones battery...:-(
Mine drains fast too, but i game a lot. So, i convince myself that it's because of gaming.
With 1.5 hrs of gaming + music, L520 drained and switched off once :-x

ashs1

Padawan
Are you guys able to play Asphalt8 on local wifi mode ?? I tried it on my friend's 520 & the touch became unresponsive ( works fine in normal career mode though :) )..
He tried factory reset as well, but it was of no use.. :(

H2O

Journeyman
Earlier my battery was showing up to 24 hours. Now its around 17 hours. Leaving INSIDER app, I have no apps running on the background. Any idea what happened?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Earlier my battery was showing up to 24 hours. Now its around 17 hours. Leaving INSIDER app, I have no apps running on the background. Any idea what happened?
Are you on dev preview? If yes, battery drain is a common issue.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
*static.knowyourmobile.com/sites/knowyourmobilecom/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/5/89/boytiiuiaaapxju2.jpg

Nokia Lumia 530 Confirmed By Nokia On YouTube | Know Your Mobile

Top Bottom