low marks in 12th not sure need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

daishi44

Broken In
hello everyone , now that the CBSE results are out , as usual i got some pretty low marks rather unsuitable to get into a good college 82.4% overall and just 73 in maths :cry:. i have an interest in going into the computing field , on operating system/parallel computing or Game Programming<not design>. can anyone offer some advice or options regardin' this ??? thanks for the help

red dragon

Master troll
Study hard,there is no short cut method,study real hard and clear AIEEE next year with a good rank.Stay away from all those private colleges,I am not sure about engineering colleges,but I have seen a few doctors passing from private colleges of South India after spending lakhs and lakhs of rupees and they are the worst physicians I have ever seen.

OP
D

daishi44

Broken In
thanks for the information . i wont be getting a paid seat as my parents cant afford it . i am hopeful of getting an admission in a Msc theoretical computer science in a reputed college . hope luck is on my side :mrgreen:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
what abt iitjee and aieee?? u gave them or not?? dude AFAIK none of the reputed engg colleges in india give admission on XII board mark basis....so be calm.
all the best for jee and aieee results.

rkneo11

Broken In
All the best mate... i'd suggest you shell out some money, drop a year and join some coaching classes and do well in next year's AIEEE or IIT...

hello everyone , now that the CBSE results are out , as usual i got some pretty low marks rather unsuitable to get into a good college 82.4% overall and just 73 in maths :cry:. i have an interest in going into the computing field , on operating system/parallel computing or Game Programming<not design>. can anyone offer some advice or options regardin' this ??? thanks for the help
I got the same thing last year. 81.8%. But life is never over with low marks alone. You can still get a decent college depending on your entrance exam performance.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);

f*** marks & our education system.......don lose faith u'll achieve ur goals. Still u can get into a decent college. prove ur self after tat in your choosen field & in ur work......... :cool:

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
I am from Nepal and dont know much about the education system. Yet AFAIK the +2 marks are of no use in India. Coz my cbse results are out and even securing 97 in computer is not turning fruitful for me. My relatives out in India are saying me either to appear in competitive exams or get admission via donation....

Pls correct me if i am wrong

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

81.8 class XII is LOW? What is the World coming to? :|

[OFFTOPIC]
Looking at the cbse result i feel India is so competitive that there is no place for average students.It is very good if the students studies himself without any pressure but unlike it is not happening. If this continues than the school students must suffer great presuure from their own parents.

Dear OP

I got 70%, was expecting 80%, but am still happy. Nobody gives a sh1t about 12th marks. Its all about your entrance exams, which (no excuses) you must do well in.

Speaking of which, I'm not going to IIT this year :|

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Chill man, wait for the entrance exam results, and see what happens - if you cannot get admission in engineering, join a B.Sc (computer science/IT) course and go on, continue with an M.Sc and you will be set for software development......Also, remember that your performance in 12th does not indicate your performance in the degree exams - they are very different and you may do a lot better in the degree examination despite not having that good marks in 12th.

(Random comment: Too many people, too many people......dang! Everyone's getting 80+ marks these days! :eek:)

metalfan

Modern Philosopher
@metalheadgautham Where were you which college u got yaar ,,been following your threads on TD yaar

escape7

What? Where? How?
81.8 class XII is LOW? What is the World coming to? :|

Exactly. That's not low, that's pretty decent, I had 66.6% overall and 47 in Maths :/ ... but that was 5 years ago... I am running my own company now so it doesn't matter

On Topic: Dude, what abt entrances? they don't have a cutoff, have you applied anywhere? If not then please do so next year and try harder...

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i have heard about suicide attemts on getting 95% , so forget it , todays teens are just unpredictable. though u are way too good at 80% seriously , atleast iam jealous.

and since every one is suggesting Bsc and OP too likes programming and stuff.
so i would suggest Bsc Gaming or equivalent diploma from a reputed animation school.

ull enter a high scope industry and wouldnt have to drop your flair for coding.
try getting accustomed with flash actionscripting its in high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom