Low internal memory on the Xperia Neo V?

cipher1729

Broken In
I am seriously considering between the Xperia Neo V and the Motorola Defy Plus.

Though the Defy+ comes across as a very sturdy phone(great for me as I am a student), the Xperia Neo V seems to comes out as a more complete package, with generally very positive reviews.

My question is, I spend a lot of time browsing the web through my phone, will the Neo's 320 MB internal memory not be too low for this purpose?
Or will all be well if I shift all my apps and everything to the SD card?

Thanks

clmlbx

Technomancer
IMO it should be ok if you shift every thing to Sd but I have not used Android so better wait what others has to say

OP
C

cipher1729

Broken In
Oops sorry, i think I messed up, got confused between internal storage and RAM.
My bad.
Anyhow, to put it in a different way , could there be any effects of low internal memory, given the fact that i have an external card anyway? Any effect on speed or anything?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nope. unless the mobile have seriously less internal memory & ram, web browsing won't be affected. actually if you have 20Mb internal memory free, then there can be error popups to free up memory. as for ram, web browsing doesn't require ton of ram. if you use opera mini, 50Mb free ram should work fine.

mitraark

Decrepit
But i have heard almost all applications requires installation on Internal Memory , at one point one does have to clear up things before getting a new app.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
by default yes and you can try moving some apps to memory card. so 320Mb is enough for apps but if one tries games then it can cause errors as you need around 50Mb to install most HD games. so even if you can move all those 50Mb to external memory card, you must have 50Mb free in internal memory for installation to even begin.

OP
C

cipher1729

Broken In
So, I guess I'll stick with the Defy+ for now. Wouldn't like to take a risk with the Xperia Neo V. Plus the battery life also seems to be better.

Top Bottom