Low end Graphics Card recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
Dear friends,
I'm looking for low-end ATI graphics cards for my systems (2). I recently purchased a new CPU recommended by Digit-ers on this forum. My budget is very low, so I want a DDR2 & DDR3 based low-end graphics card.
My Config 1: DDR3 based gc
AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8 GHz
MSI 785GM-E51
2GB DDR3 1033 MHz RAM
500 GB SATA2 HDD

My Config 2: DDR2 based gc
AMD Athlon 3200+
MSI Amethyst-M
768 MB DDR 800 MHz RAM
320 GB SATA HDD

Please help me with options from the low-end segments but quality contents. I'm a casual gamer so I don't want graphics cards from the high-end.

Thanks in advance!:smile::smile::smile:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
ATi Radeon HD 4650 DDR2 512MB@Rs.3K and remember never go for 1GB version of any low end card like this.....

OP
O

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
Dear friends,
Thanks for all the help and advise, I appreciate it. Now atleast I have a few options. Thanks guys for helping me out. Hey Revolution, thanks for the advise, any specific reasons for not to selecting 1GB version of low-end gc. Is it because of the low bandwidth these cards have which use the system memory to fulfill its memory needs?

Thanks in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
No that is not the reason. These low end cards dos not have enough firepower to use that much of amount of memory. Their GPU is low end and can't use the extra memory. So most of the times these excess amount of memories remain unused by your card.
These large memory based cards are mainly created for business purpose rather than performance purpose. Even today, most of the people think Higher memory Graphics card will perform better.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
You can get a 5450(ATI) for around 4k I guess.
If you want to be a casual gamer for atleast 2 years(where you want games to atleast run on ur PC even at low resolutions),then go for a 5670.
And a 4550 will do for the low-power rig. :)

Piyush

Lanaya
Dear friends,
Thanks for all the help and advise, I appreciate it. Now atleast I have a few options. Thanks guys for helping me out. Hey Revolution, thanks for the advise, any specific reasons for not to selecting 1GB version of low-end gc. Is it because of the low bandwidth these cards have which use the system memory to fulfill its memory needs?

Thanks in advance
just like clius said
that card wont reach upto its full capabilities
it is better suggested to go for less memory for these types of cards
if u ca extend ur budget a lil bit i'll urge u to go for hd 5450
if u cant
then go for hd 4650:smile:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
just like clius said
that card wont reach upto its full capabilities
it is better suggested to go for less memory for these types of cards
if u ca extend ur budget a lil bit i'll urge u to go for hd 5450
if u cant
then go for hd 4650:smile:

HD5450 is a bad card. stay away from it. minimum is HD5570 which is somewhat value. HD5450 is bad for everything except wasting money. these 3 card fall in same region in terms of performance: HD 4350, HD 4550, HD 5450.

OP
O

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
thanks friends for the advise & info. So I have 4650, 5570, 4550, 5670 as the options. Thanks, I'll research about them and buy the perfect one which qualifies price / performance ratio.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom