Low End Gaming PC Under 40k - Not a Hardcore Gamer

arghya139

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

1. Photoshop and Designing Software (Corel etc) : No 3D
  2. Watching HD Movies
  3. Testing New Games (can compromise with low resolution settings, no need for high quality settings)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

35K, may extend to 40K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 1920 x 1080, 22" LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First Week of August

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: 100 times

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata, Can buy Online too

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Current Config :

CPU : Phenom II X2 550
Motherboard : Gigabyte MA74GMT-S2
RAM : Corsair DDR3 4 GB 1333
GPU : XFX 9500 GT 1 GB
HDD : 500GB Segate
ODD : Sony
CABINET : Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet (Silver)
PSU : Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK
MONITOR : 20" LED Samsung
k/b mouse : Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800
speaker : Altec lancing 2.1
UPS : APC 650 VA

Preferred Config :

CPU : AMD 4/6 Core
Motherboard : Support for USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 GB/s Must
RAM : Any 4 GB
GPU : Dual Link DVI Out, HDMI Ready
HDD : 1 TB
ODD : Any
CABINET : Cooler Master
PSU : Corsair
MONITOR : 22" LED HDMI Ready
k/b mouse : Existing
speaker : 5.1
UPS : APC 650 VA

Reason for Selling : Got a buyer for 20k

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
AMD Phenom 960T
Gigabyte GA 970 UD3
GSKILL RipJAWSx 4 GB DDR3
1 TB HDD
ASUS DVD ROM
Seasonic S12 520W
NZXT Source Elite 210
Numeric 600 VA UPS
Altec Lansing BXR1221 .
Samsung S20B300
MSI HD 6770
Total 43K .

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Intel Core i5 2400: 11k
Gigabyte H61M-D2H: 3k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1k
WD Caviar Blue 1TB: 5.2k
LG 22x SATA DVD writer: 0.9k
el cheapo iBall case: 0.6k
Corsair CX430 V2: 2.5k
Altec Lansing Classic Audio BXR1221: 1k
BenQ G2222HD: 7k
Gigabyte GV-R775OC-1Gi: 6.8k or cheaper
APC 600 VA: 1.3k
Total: 40.3k
@Sainatarajan The HD 7750 performs better than the HD 6770 in games as well as gpu intensive tasks. It is cheaper and requires much less power also.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Intel Core i5 2400: 11k
Gigabyte H61M-D2H: 3k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1k
WD Caviar Blue 1TB: 5.2k
LG 22x SATA DVD writer: 0.9k
el cheapo iBall case: 0.6k
Corsair CX430 V2: 2.5k
Altec Lansing Classic Audio BXR1221: 1k
BenQ G2222HD: 7k
Gigabyte GV-R775OC-1Gi: 6.8k or cheaper
APC 600 VA: 1.3k
Total: 40.3k
@Sainatarajan The HD 7750 performs better than the HD 6770 in games as well as gpu intensive tasks. It is cheaper and requires much less power also.

i5 2400 on an H61 board? A big No. Atleast an H67 is preferred for an i5. H61 is designed only for i3s and Sandy Bridge Dual cores like G260. Not for i5 and i7.

AMD Phenom 960T - 7k
Gigabyte G880GM-USB3 - 4.8k
4GB Corsair 1333MHz - 1.1k
WD Blue 500GB HDD - 3.8k
ASUS DVD ROM - 1.2k
Corsair CX500V2 - 3k
NZXT Source Elite 210 - 2.4k
Numeric 600 VA UPS - 2.5k
Logitech Z506 - 4k
Dell ST2220L - 9k
HD7750 - 7k
Total 45800

>I know I have overshot your budget, but this config takes care of all your requirements like a 22" LED HDMI ready monitor and a good 5.1 Speaker set. I have sacrificed on the HDD part with a 500GB as your budget wont permit a 1TB one.

>HD6770 and HD7750 performs almost similar. The only difference being power consumption. I would myself prefer a card which takes up less power, and I can live with a slightly (really meager) performance difference of HD7750 against HD6770.

>So the bottom line is, go for HD7750. Moreover, newer AMD driver updates are affecting the performances of HD7xxx cards drastically, so expect it to perform really well in the future (to be honest, 12.6 AMD drivers improve the performance a lot, so its already here, not in near future :p )

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@desiJATT

Nothing wrong with using a H61 mobo.
Only things which OP would lose is usb3.0 ports and sata III.
Quick sync is out of question here.

Nothing fundamentally wrong there.

@OP
Go for hd7750,much more power effiecient.Gap between hd6770 and hd7750 is not that much.
Moreover newer drivers might change the situation in favor of hd 7750.
For photoshop GCN based hd 7750 would be better than hd6770.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
By pairing i5-2400 with H61 board the system will run, but enable turbo boost with H61 and see the VRM of the board been blown away at the same instant.
H61 is intended mainly for Sandy Bridge Pentium processors and for i3-2100, everything else is out of question.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Source please.

I think in digit I have seen somebody with that config.
Even some Thinkcentre desktops like M71e come with i5 2400 and H61mobo.

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^
Due to tight budget somebody uses that combo then nothing wrong would happen.
Even lenovo Thinkcentre desktops come with such a combo

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Vkl, there is plenty of stuff in market. There are low end motherboard+CPU combos being offered for ultra low budget build. Do we recommend them here? We at TDF always recommend what's best.

It is obviously possible to run an i5, hell even an i7 on an H61 board. The combo will work, perfectly, but only for low level office use, which won't stress the processor much. But doing that is NOT recommended. Rest is buyer's choice, as you said there are already Lenovo desktops with that setup, but we don't recommend them do we?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^I was just saying it it would work fine and without any problems.
Nothing else mate.

Though we all now that an H67 mobo is more feature rich and more upgradeable.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
DH67CL B3 @ 5.5K . It is one of the Cheapest H67 Boards and also has good Features . I Recommend OP to buy this Board .

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Check OP's requirements before posting anything. I am suggesting him an AMD config, how does it relate to H67? Moreover he wants a 22" LED monitor with HDMI and 5.1 speakers. I have included that too. So there's no way he can adjust an i5+H67 based config in that budget with all these goodies.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
@desiJATT and Sainatarajan
I have seen in Digit magazine.
In the starting pages there is a page about ASUS gaming desktops. There is a desktop with i5 2320 and h61 mobo.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
@desiJATT and Sainatarajan
I have seen in Digit magazine.
In the starting pages there is a page about ASUS gaming desktops. There is a desktop with i5 2320 and h61 mobo.

Read This again. Your answer lies in there, let's see if you can find it. Your time starts now -

Vkl, there is plenty of stuff in market. There are low end motherboard+CPU combos being offered for ultra low budget build. Do we recommend them here? We at TDF always recommend what's best.

It is obviously possible to run an i5, hell even an i7 on an H61 board. The combo will work, perfectly, but only for low level office use, which won't stress the processor much. But doing that is NOT recommended. Rest is buyer's choice, as you said there are already Lenovo desktops with that setup, but we don't recommend them do we?

Moreover OP's been missing since his first post. Let's not continue here anymore before he comes back.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^desiJATT
There's no point of"stretching an unlocked processor".It works within its limit set by the manufacturer.
Though H67 is more feature-rich there is nothing wrong with i5 2400 and a h61 mobo.
The combo would work fine.

OP
A

arghya139

Broken In
thanks guys for all the suggestions, so far Utkarsh Sharma one is within my budget
I cant stretch beyond 40k sorry
can anybody suggest me a whole set of component acc my req in AMD PLEASE ?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^spend a bit more and opt for cm elite 310 cabinet in the Utkarsh Sharma rig.
Else change processor to i5 2320 and go for cm elite 310 for cabinet.

Top Bottom