Low budget PC upgrade

delhiuser

Broken In
Please suggest new system for my friend.

1. What is your MAX budget? - 14k
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why? - Great to hear expert suggestions.
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that) - Office use i.e he may use MS Office, Adobe acrobat & photoshop, Internet, Media Player to watch films etc. Sometimes he may work on Indesign, Premiere, Corel Draw. However no games.
4. Planning to overclock? - No.
5. Which OS are you planning to use? - Windows XP & Windows 7, prefer dual boot.
6. How much hard drive space is needed? - Have 160 GB Seagate SATA drive & 500 External HDD.
7. What resolution will the screen run at? - 1680 x 1050 or more
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest) - 5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? - Will built myself.
10. When are you planning to buy the system? - in 5-10 days.
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations? - Yes
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention. - Monitor, HDD, Speaker & Graphic cards.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states? Delhi & No
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary - Please suggest graphic cards only if required to run mentioned softwares. Is onboard graphic cards not suitable for my purpose?

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 4.8K
Corsair 4GB X 1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.8K
Zebronics Bijli Cabinet w/o PSU @ 1K
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.3K
LG 22X SATA DVD R/W @ 0.9K
Intex/Zebronics 600VA UPS @ 1.2K

Total 14.2K

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
AMD Athlon II x4 640 @4.8k
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)@2.8k
G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)@1.3k
LG DVD Writer-0.9k
Zebronics Bijli(w/o psu)@1.2k
FSP Saga II 500W @2.3k
Logitech MK100 @0.5k
Total= 13.85k

I dont think he is gonna require graphics card for the mentioned purpose but i cant confirm for premiere but my after fx works well with the integrated graphics , but it cant do heavy work.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I dont think he is gonna require graphics card for the mentioned purpose but i cant confirm for premiere but my after fx works well with the integrated graphics , but it cant do heavy work.

Dude, read the original post. He already said that he have a graphics card already, but didn't give us more info about it, which is not needed anyways.

aCe: dAvE

Broken In
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states? Delhi & No
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.3K
Zebronics Bijli(w/o psu)@1.2k
FSP Saga II 500W @2.3k
Some clarifications:
First, if SMC doesnt have FSP psus in stock no one else will. I went to search a few days ago and they didnt have any FSP psu in stock.
So @OP do confirm the availability before purchase. If they dont have it then get a Corsair CX-series psu or a Gigabyte Superb 460W (CE might have it).
Second, I've said this in many other forums also, Zebronics Bilji does NOT cost 1.2k in New Delhi. Without PSU it'll be available for around 1.6k Trust me, dont waste your time bargaining. Get a CM Elite 310 Normal/Transparent for 1.5-1.6k. That'll be better.

Top Bottom