Lot of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gowtham

Journeyman
1)I have decided to get myself a phone this new year. My maximum budget is 25-30k. My pain use would be browsing the net, so my main priorities are- screen and performance. I think the iphone would suit me nicely. any other viable alternatives pls?
2)Is calling regular phones from voip possible? what is the simplest way?
3)Suggest me a provider with EDGE services and unlimited net usage in india.

Thanks in advance!

Pathik

Google Bot
Ur options wd be iphone.
And n95 8gb,n82..
Also the e61i is great..
But the safari browser on the iphone pawns all else

hailgautam

Youngling
I am using e61i and with it's qwerty kb and large screen it is THE machine for browsing. Airtel has the unlimited plans with edge. I have this rs. 500 p.m. plan in Hyderabad.

OP
gowtham

gowtham

Journeyman
^^
i knew that. what i wanted to know is that can i call regular phones from the iphone, using VOIP from its web capabilities?

OP
gowtham

gowtham

Journeyman
does airtel support EDGE? i have been through its site, but havent been able to find anything. whats the tariff btw? any existing users here?

azzu

AJJU
it Does support Edge if u have a Edge enable tower near u
i dont know wheatther there r EDGE towers in VIJWADA

presently iam on 15/- rupees UL 24 hoours plan
its good

azzu

AJJU
^ tough
but if u hav a Edge enabled mobile and ur active on MO the status in mobile will show "E" rather than "G"
Btw: iam from ELURU ;)

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
for voip there are many softwares for every wifi phone for gprs there are some like fring, there are other's also, now to connect to pstn with voip you need a pstn gateway, like you can use skype or other services like that.
if you want to use VoiP please let me know the phone and usage pattern, i will then suggest you some services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom