Lost USB port!

digibrush

digitalpainter
It was started 5/6 days ago.
My usb Mouse was not working. No light on mouse...

After changing the USB port its working well until second day. Again no light on mouse. change to another port it is working well.

I checked top two port with my other USB device, they were not working except second port which only working with camera cable. But i also lost it yesterday night.

*i51.tinypic.com/nzrp01.jpg

Today morning my pen tablet was not working. windows does not detect the device...after reconnect the cable on the same port it is working till now but i am afraid that i am going to lost my third port.

I dont make any hardware changes in one last month.

So friends, please help with this issue.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
RMA ur MB & explain ur problem to them properly if possible give them a written note with the MB before that try using linux to verify that it is a hardware problem

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, what I say you to do is to check PSU with another PC if possible?

Try to reset BIOS with removing CMOS battery. Also try re-installing mobo drivers to see if it helps.

Also do a PC cleanup using CCleaner
CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, reinstalling driver might fix this issue and if it does not Do a fresh install of the OS and download and install the latest chipset driver and see if it works.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
Thanks @mithun_mrg, thetechfreak, asingh & topgear.

I re install latest chipset driver from 'downloadcenter.intel.com' for my MB, but my problem remain same.

No news of new USB lost....

But those USB(lost) port has power...I test with my USB light.
dont work with other USB device like: Mouse, Scanner,Camera even with USB headset.

Is there any other ways to solve the problem?

Top Bottom