Lost Phone, What To Do?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Two days back, I lost my phone somewhere along the road. It had two SIMs in it, one on roaming and the other was local. The phone had almost everything synced with Google and had most IDs logged in from opera mini and UC. Today when i opened up gmail, i saw some of my mails were marked read so the person who has my phone is accessing my google account. By any chance can i trace back the person who has my phone? If not then can i wipe my phone clean remotely? I yes how?

Flash

Lost in speed
Google Help said:
  • Sign in to the Google Admin console.
  • Click Device management > Managed devices.
    Note: If Chrome Management is enabled, go to Device management > Mobile > Managed devices.
  • Hover your cursor over the user whose device you want to wipe.
  • Click Remote Wipe (or Wipe account) in the box that appears.
  • A second box appears asking you to confirm that you want to remotely wipe the device. If you are sure you want to wipe the device, click Wipe Device (or Wipe account).

Google Apps displays a message that the device has been successfully wiped. On the next sync, all content will be deleted and the settings reset to the defaults for this device. For information about the remote wipe process, see the device's documentation.

A suspended user's device can't be wiped because it's not syncing with Google's servers. If you want to wipe the device or wipe the account of a suspended user, you first need to unsuspend the user.
About remote wipe on Android: Usually, the device receives the remote wipe command within a few seconds. However, sometimes the command doesn't reach the device right away, so the Device Policy app checks the server every three hours for a wipe command. Therefore, the maximum time before the device is wiped is about 3 hours, or when the device reconnects to the network.

[h=1]Remote Wipe a Mobile Device[/h]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Since your stolen phone have access to Internet its a good sign.

Goto this page: *www.google.com/android/devicemanager?hl=en&u=0

You can even see the location of your phone from that page! If you can't trace it, probably the GPS is not turned on. You can also then try Plan B which install remotely and pings you the location after it turns on the GPS.

Btw which phone was it?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you change passwords and sign out yourself out of all other sessions you wouldn't be able to trace the phone.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Since your stolen phone have access to Internet its a good sign.

Goto this page: *www.google.com/android/devicemanager?hl=en&u=0

You can even see the location of your phone from that page! If you can't trace it, probably the GPS is not turned on. You can also then try Plan B which install remotely and pings you the location after it turns on the GPS.

Btw which phone was it?
Thanks for the link but looks like i cant locate it. It was last online on 2nd December. Plan B isn't compatible with my device
PS - Device is MMX A110Q

- - - Updated - - -

can't i see where was it the last time it was online?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Oh man. That's sad.

This page does show when the phone was last online but it won't be able to locate it unless it can connect to the phone. :(
*www.google.com/android/devicemanager?hl=en&u=0

In case you are not able to locate it and loose all hope you can finally sign out from your account:
1. Open GMail
2. Scroll to last
3. Click details under (Last account activity) statement.
4. In the small window which opens, click "Sign out from all other sessions".

Top Bottom