Looking for good and easy-to-use Photo album programs

Journey

Broken In
Hello all,

I have two kids and a ton of relatives. I have pictures of all of them plus some very old pictures of my great-grandfathers which are very old but still kind of cool.
I have recently started scanning and saving all the pictures in digital form in my PC for future generations to behold :)

I am looking for programs that can be used to organize photos in template formats according to date and/or content.
I also want the final photo library/album to be appealing to the eye and easy-to-use for people who have little knowledge from computers or are seniors (planning ahead for the future generations again!)

So I am looking for a program that would work somewhat like photo collage maker or Photoshine .If that program had more options for filing the photos in by dynamic categories or had really large font size it would be really great!

I'd prefer if it was a freeware or at least with a loooong trial period. But I guess in the end I should have to pay for something so important, since those photos hold great sentimental value :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are some free alternatives I would suggest :

XnView
Faststone Image Viewer
IrfanView

Pictomio
Album Burger Photograph
Studio Line Photo Basic - Free Version
Zoner Photo Studio Free
Triscape FxFoto

Op should try them out and find for himself what's the best for him.

OP
Journey

Journey

Broken In
Thanks for the overabundance of good replies guys!
I got picasa and I am now looking to DL the free alternatives topgear suggested.

Picasa is nice but does not have many customisation options, thats what I can say so far.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, try them out and let us know which one you found most useful for your needs.

OP
Journey

Journey

Broken In
I got album burger from Album Burger Photograph -  Your Digital Photo Software so far it seems ideal for what I wanted it, thanks again guys. I might try more just to increase my knowledge but right now I am covered (I think)

Top Bottom