Looking for a GPU (to run dual screens)

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Here's what I have to buy for now.
Cabinet NZXT gamma (not changing this option) + GPU + couple of 120mm fans (they aint cheap exactly )

For the GPU, might be running dual screens sometime later this year. Budget not exceeding 6.5k by any means for the card.

Purpose & Requirements
-Dual screens for mainly photoshop, image processing stuff. Currently running a full HD Viewsonic 22" LED screen. Probably will get the same one.
-Gaming is optional, not really a gamer. Currently running on onboard gpu which is okaay.
-Would prefer a card that runs cool for long duration of usage and low on power consumption. Also should have two DVI connectors instead of a DVI & VGA connectors.

Current PC Specs :

PSU : Coolermaster Realpower pro 460W(80+ bronze certified)

power load
Currently have 3x1 TB WD Blue drives in the bay. Possibly will another 1 this year. Have 4 case fans running all the time. (3x80mm, 1x120mm)

Mobo : Asus M4A875TD-V-EVO

CPU : AMD Athlon II X4 620

Cabinet : Will have to get a new cabby now as the old one [Zebronics Bijli] got damaged thanks to lousy courier service while I was shifting cities
Thinking of getting the NZXT Gamma cause its VFM, has ample drive bays and fan mounts.

P.s thinking of ordering this from theitdepot, dunno any reliable online shippers. Hard to calculate the cost of shipping at primeabgb.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for GPU: pick any HD6770 based card.

for cabby, try getting one locally or check SMC. from ITWares shipping charge can get as high as 1k.

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Thanks guys !
Alright so the 6770 it is. Which brand to go for ? Powercolor / Sapphire / MSI ? Don't mind shelling out extra :)

I have to order these online only :( can't find specific stuff here at all.

@Sam: Stuff is extremely hard to find in Ahmedabad :( none of the shops here are tech savvy. Cant get what I want. Have to order via courier. Thinking of ordering the GPU, Cabby and fans in one order.

@Topgear: I looked at MSI, there seems to be only one DVI output in the twin frozr ? :???: ? while on the normal cards by sapphire, asus there seems to be two DVI outputs (I dont need hdmi)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Thanks guys !
Alright so the 6770 it is. Which brand to go for ? Powercolor / Sapphire / MSI ? Don't mind shelling out extra :)
In India, Sapphire or MSI is good. If I were you I would rather go with MSI.

@Topgear: I looked at MSI, there seems to be only one DVI output in the twin frozr ? :???: ? while on the normal cards by sapphire, asus there seems to be two DVI outputs (I dont need hdmi)

In that case use hdmi to dvi/vga converter.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys !

I have to order these online only :( can't find specific stuff here at all.

@Sam: Stuff is extremely hard to find in Ahmedabad :( none of the shops here are tech savvy. Cant get what I want. Have to order via courier. Thinking of ordering the GPU, Cabby and fans in one order.

one of our forum member has bought MSI R6770-MD1GD5 @ 6.2k - the price is just too good - what say ? ;-) but it also comes with only one DVI connector. SO if you getting MSI HD6770 you better do what d6bmg has suggested or else get the sapphire HD6770 with 2 DVI ports ;-)

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
one of our forum member has bought MSI R6770-MD1GD5 @ 6.2k - the price is just too good - what say ? ;-) but it also comes with only one DVI connector. SO if you getting MSI HD6770 you better do what d6bmg has suggested or else get the sapphire HD6770 with 2 DVI ports ;-)

Well the price is very tempting enough to buy it off rightaway, but that means I have to take a trip to Mumbai sometime for that. Online vendors barely have any options to choose from, and at least 400-500 bucks more than what you are quoting :???:

Sapphire HD6770 offered on online vendor sites also doesnt have two DVI ports :???:

Now here is a sapphire card (from non indian site)
Sapphire HD6770 FleX edition
Which will actually allow me to run three monitors (none of them needing to support DP, since this one has onboard DP processor)

Here's what SMC international is offering.

Now if the flex edition is available in Mumbai I might as well come to Mumbai and buy it. If not anything else then settle for Twin Frozr and also get the NZXT cabby.

Plan would be as :D
Karnavati Express (Ahd->Mum) 130 rs approx one way
so 260 for both ways.

Mumbai local train from Borivali(w) to Churchgate and back (80-100 rs at most ?)

Auto fare from Churchgate station to Lamington road and back (100 at most ?)

Works out cheaper than courier charges I think, plus opens up a lot more options. :-D

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HIS HD 6770 H677F1GD , Sapphire HD 6770 Vapor-X and Sapphire HD6770 Flex all of them have 2x DVD ports and priced around ~7-7.3k - try to find those ;-)

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
HIS HD 6770 H677F1GD , Sapphire HD 6770 Vapor-X and Sapphire HD6770 Flex all of them have 2x DVD ports and priced around ~7-7.3k - try to find those ;-)

That sounds good. Now I have a price barrier to bargain at. Thank you !:grin:

Anyone from Mumbai can guide where to pick up stuff in lamington road ? (Trusted vendors)

Top Bottom