-optional - would be nice to have usb ports :D

any advice on what I should buy, thanks in advance

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can get this this - the brand is good enough
Portronics Surge Protectors - Buy Online at Rs. | Snapdeal.com

If you don't need USB ports but only a very trusted brand get Belkin :
*paytm.com/shop/p/belkin-4-socket-surge-protector-grey-SOEOFSLKIN4OUT9EBKNAGR_23864

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
you can get this this - the brand is good enough
Portronics Surge Protectors - Buy Online at Rs. | Snapdeal.com

If you don't need USB ports but only a very trusted brand get Belkin :
*paytm.com/shop/p/belkin-4-socket-surge-protector-grey-SOEOFSLKIN4OUT9EBKNAGR_23864
I trust Belkin blindly but the sad thing is that they don't have any option with USB ports.

I wanted to buy one surge protector two months back, and had to settle for some "Super IT" brand (some chinese brand)

Anyway, you can try this too

Powersafe PS-SP400MS-USB Four Socket Multi Switch With 2 USB Port Spike Guard 1.5 Mtr Cable 4 Strip Surge Protector Price in India - Buy Powersafe PS-SP400MS-USB Four Socket Multi Switch With 2 USB Port Spike Guard 1.5 Mtr Cable 4 Strip Surge Protect

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Is it safe to use the USB ports on these power strips ? Can they do the job, if a electrical surge happens ? Theoretically speaking, even the wall charger is the exact same thing as these USB ports, but I'll need some assurance before I plug in my phones into those..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
They are surge protectors, I think by virtue they would protect anything that is plugged to it from surges.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Is it safe to use the USB ports on these power strips ? Can they do the job, if a electrical surge happens ? Theoretically speaking, even the wall charger is the exact same thing as these USB ports, but I'll need some assurance before I plug in my phones into those..

They have different ratings. Belkin, more the number of ports, higher the ratings.

Top Bottom