Logitech Z-2300 [ The Last of the Titans: Reviewed]

OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In
Re: Logitech Z-2300 [ The Last of the Titans : Reviewed]

Meh and lol!!
I taken ROHS and other certifications as an example that certification methodology is supposed to be available to common mass. I didn't mention Dobly- that's the similar story with another spin :p. Poor attempt from your end to deviate from the point that you talked a lot about THX, but you just don't anything about it- other than the marketing/PR lines. Remember/google what "Mr. T" says :D.

Nothing more to add further.

What happened? Matter getting out of hand? Giving up so quickly?

*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/mjpopcorn.gif

Ok, consider this scenario: You have taken part in a contest and won a speaker system. Now when you go to collect the prize you are given the option between two speaker systems costing the same & both calming to have the same audio performance. Both are in sealed packages and the only difference that you can notice is that one is THX certified and another is not. Which one will you take?

Tips: Remember your answer will have huge implications. If you have limited or no knowledge about how audio system work, I suggest not to answer the question at all. Your silence will speak for itself.

Have you ever reviewed any audio product or any product for that matter?
Please provide the link to the review that you believe to be your best. I want to read that review?

Last edited:

heflys20

Right off the assembly line

Meh and lol!!
I taken ROHS and other certifications as an example that certification methodology is supposed to be available to common mass. I didn't mention Dobly- that's the similar story with another spin :p. Poor attempt from your end to deviate from the point that you talked a lot about THX, but you just don't anything about it- other than the marketing/PR lines. Remember/google what "Mr. T" says :D.

Nothing more to add further.

I'd take anything that dude says with a big grain-of-salt. Whenever he's questioned or shown to contradict himself, he demands that the dissenting party post some of their own reviews; which proves, refutes nothing.

As exemplified in this discussion (he's posted this review on 10-15 different sites):

Logitech Z-2300 : The Last of the Titans - [H]ard|Forum

He also steals lines from other reviews to back up his points about other products. I discovered this:

[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Logitech Z-2300 : The Last of the Titans

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

I'd take anything that dude says with a big grain-of-salt.
Cant make horse out of donkeys, can we now? :)) .

Its even more sad that such people are posting on international forums like a mad man with a box (which is not bigger on the inside), giving bad names to Indian based forum contributors. Tch tch tch.

If people wondered why Indian reviewers don't usually brag/tell it in public if they write/review content for international sites/forums/magazines- there ya go. Reviews like this make genuine contributors look like one group of idiots.

OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In

I'd take anything that dude says with a big grain-of-salt. Whenever he's questioned or shown to contradict himself, he demands that the dissenting party post some of their own reviews; which proves, refutes nothing.

As exemplified in this discussion (he's posted this review on 10-15 different sites):

Logitech Z-2300 : The Last of the Titans - [H]ard|Forum

He also steals lines from other reviews to back up his points about other products. I discovered this:

[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Logitech Z-2300 : The Last of the Titans

You talk about stealing contents. There is nothing wrong in coping a sentence from a review, if it completely expresses your view & thoughts about the product. What becomes irritating is when a person copies your entire review and claims to be his own.

My reviews are now good enough that other people simply copies and paste them as their own. I take pride of that

As an example:

This is the review I wrote about Z-2300 & Z-623 on Logitech blog as on October 9th, 2010 at 3:38 am

Blog Logitech

A person named sourjadip who is also a member of this forum made a blog of his name and made a ditto copy of the entire content rather than a line or two:

sourjadip.blogspot.com-is-logitech-z623-worthy-successor-of

He never mentioned the true author who actually wrote this review when he made a ditto copy.

Here is an example of how an entire review needs to be copied:

shibemei a member of Malayasia's "lowyat forum" did mention my name

Is Logitech Z623 the true successor of Z2300?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

What happened? Matter getting out of hand? Giving up so quickly?

*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/mjpopcorn.gif

Ok, consider this scenario: You have taken part in a contest and won a speaker system. Now when you go to collect the prize you are given the option between two speaker systems costing the same & both calming to have the same audio performance. Both are in sealed packages and the only difference that you can notice is that one is THX certified and another is not. Which one will you take?

Tips: Remember your answer will have huge implications. If you have limited or no knowledge about how audio system work, I suggest not to answer the question at all. Your silence will speak for itself.

Have you ever reviewed any audio product or any product for that matter?
Please provide the link to the review that you believe to be your best. I want to read that review?

I would take out my phone, call an audiophile who is not biased towards THX or brand and ask for inputs. My question for you:

You have taken part in a contest and won a speaker system. Now when you go to collect the prize you are given the option between two speaker systems. One is Creative Gigaworks G500 THX certified surround system and the other is Logitech Z-506. which one would you pick?

and another scenario:

You have taken part in a contest and won a speaker system. Now when you go to collect the prize you are given the option between two speaker systems. One is Logitech Z-2300 THX certified surround system and the other is M-Audio AV40. which one would you pick.

I know that its vaguely put up and gives no clue about its certification process, therefore questioning/doubting the certificate itself. Check any certifications- EU , ROHS, 80 plus, ISO/IEC 17025 certifiations- they all give relevant information available to the mass so that people can know what their certifications stands for. The test report itself comes with detailed information- temps, conditions- even the test setup pics.

buddy, remember the fight that I had with "REAL" unbiased audiophiles at TE about THX vs non-THX? well, I think they have another guy to educate about the extent of trust one can put on THX. :D

There are many who stress on the lack of mids and our OP thinks that it is general misconception. Or in Steve Jobs's words, "You are listening it wrong". :)

PS: I did lot of digging later and found that THX can be used to filter products to an extent but no to be entirely used for quality or supeiority and G500 is one great example that THX doesn't mean everything :)

a bit more digging and what I thought is very much true about the OP. He is a Bass freak and here's is why I think so:

I have a Audio Engine 5. It sound like the voice of an angel while playing music.But I still rate my Z-2300 over AE5 in movies & games, Z-2300 have that THX imprinted thunderous effect which is so much required while watching Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen or playing Need For Speed : Hot Pursiut. And I will never compare between this two since AE5 costs three times the Z-2300. When you pay more you deserve to get more. It is comon & natural.

and from bass freak's point of view, this review makes sense coz Z-2300 is all about bass.

source: [H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Logitech Z-2300 : The Last of the Titans

Last edited:
OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In

I would take out my phone, call an audiophile who is not biased towards THX or brand and ask for inputs. .......... The Last of the Titans[/url]

My question : "You have taken part in a contest and won a speaker system. Now when you go to collect the prize you are given the option between two speaker systems costing the same & both calming to have the same audio performance. Both are in sealed packages and the only difference that you can notice is that one is THX certified and another is not. Which one will you take?"

Your answer : "I would take out my phone, call an audiophile who is not biased towards THX or brand and ask for inputs. "

That is were everything ends.

Firstly, according to your answer you are not an audiophile.

Secondly, you are a person who does not even have the personal ability to judge between two audio products form an objective point or even have the technical now how in order to differentiate between the two, rather depending on third party inputs to decide.

Then being a non audiophile with non technical background you do not posses the skill set required to measure the worth of "THX".

Between : Creative Gigaworks G500 & Logitech Z-506

Definitely Creative Gigaworks G500 [THX Certified]

Between : Logitech Z-2300 & M-Audio AV40

Since I already have a Z-2300, I will pick the M-Audio AV40

Steve Jobs's words, "You are listening it wrong" --> Your comments regarding the CEO of Apple is disgusting. That man sold more that 100 million iPods & made more money for his company than you can ever think of. Respect the man of what he is.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

My question : "You have taken part in a contest and won a speaker system. Now when you go to collect the prize you are given the option between two speaker systems costing the same & both calming to have the same audio performance. Both are in sealed packages and the only difference that you can notice is that one is THX certified and another is not. Which one will you take?"

Your answer : "I would take out my phone, call an audiophile who is not biased towards THX or brand and ask for inputs. "

That were everything ends.

Firstly, according to your answer you are not an audiophile.

Secondly, you are a person who does not even have the personal ability to judge between two audio products form an objective point or even have the technical now how in order to differentiate between the two, rather depending on third party inputs to decide.

Then being a non audiophile with non technical background you do not posses the skill set required to measure the worth of "THX".

Between : Creative Gigaworks G500 & Logitech Z-506

Definitely Creative Gigaworks G500 [THX Certified]

Between : Logitech Z-2300 & M-Audio AV40

Since I already have a Z-2300, I will pick the M-Audio AV40

Steve Jobs's words, "You are listening it wrong" --> Your comments regarding the CEO of Apple is disgusting. That man sold more that 100 million iPods & made more money for his company than you can ever think of. Respect the man of what he is.

Got ya! Making a phone call to an audiophile to enquire about a speaker makes me a n00b or non-audiophile and not worth talking about or reviewing an audio product, then what about you making decision by not checking about the product and blindly going after THX logo? A supreme audiophile?

Do you know that G500 is underperforming speaker even with it's THX certification. This is the reason why, if I come across a new or product that I am not that aware of, I prefer checking it myself or checking with someone who is well aware of the product. And trust me, the last person I would contact is someone exuberant with over-confidence.

So, how can you consider youself an expert? If you think that just having a THX certification is enough to pick one, you are

1. Relying on someone else to make your purchase decision.
2. Definitely not an audiophile

Have you even noticed the amount of criticism that you have got on numerous forums on this attitude of yours. The next time you post the same thing on another forum, Please for God's sake, shed that biased thinking of yours and post a review that gets +ve response from "AUDIOPHILES".

Finally, here is an offer of advice for you. Stop treating anyone who opposes you as non-audiophile and non-techie. And start listening to what others try to explain to you. If you are not interested in doing this, then you better stick to your own blog or domain or whatever you can create on your own. Or you can stick to Logitech Forums. You will be considered as Lord there.

I have no respect for Apple/SJ for same reason. Portraying themselves as almighty and ridiculing others.

Last edited:
OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In

Got ya! Making a phone call to an audiophile to enquire about a speaker makes me a n00b or non-audiophile and not worth talking about or reviewing an audio product, then what about you making decision by not checking about the product and blindly going after THX logo? A supreme audiophile?

Do you know that G500 is underperforming speaker even with it's THX certification. This is the reason why, if I come across a new or product that I am not that aware of, I prefer checking it myself or checking with someone who is well aware of the product. And trust me, the last person I would contact is someone exuberant with over-confidence.

So, how can you consider youself an expert? If you think that just having a THX certification is enough to pick one, you are

1. Relying on someone else to make your purchase decision.
2. Definitely not an audiophile

Have you even noticed the amount of criticism that you have got on numerous forums on this attitude of yours. The next time you post the same thing on another forum, Please for God's sake, shed that biased thinking of yours and post a review that gets +ve response from "AUDIOPHILES".

Finally, here is an offer of advice for you. Stop treating anyone who opposes you as non-audiophile and non-techie. And start listening to what others try to explain to you. If you are not interested in doing this, then you better stick to your own blog or domain or whatever you can create on your own. Or you can stick to Logitech Forums. You will be considered as Lord there.

I have no respect for Apple/SJ for same reason. Portraying themselves as almighty and ridiculing others.

Let us stop this mindless fight desibond. This is becoming counter productive for both of us. It seems you do not trust "THX" the way that I do. Different persons have different perspectives in life & the way he judges each product. It should be better if we respect each others.

Now, let us both be more productive. So, here is my question, why do you prefer Z-506 over G500?
What is G500 lacking that you criticize it so much?

Kindly reply.

Last edited:

amit.chaddha

Right off the assembly line

Hi Rishi,

I need your help. I checked with Logitech dealer in Mumbai he mentioned that Logitech Z2300 production is stopped around the world is it true should i go for Z623 or is it somehow u can get me Z2300 but will i get complete support from logitech team for any issues or not. Apart from Logitech Z 623 which one is best speakers in India with service support i can get? Edifier or Klipsh Promedia or Corsa but only if i can get warrant and support both. i am ready to put in around 8,500 max Rs but it should be 1 time quality need your help Rishi please

Cell number and personal mail ID removed
-asingh

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In

Hi Rishi,

I need your help. I checked with Logitech dealer in Mumbai he mentioned that Logitech Z2300 production is stopped around the world is it true should i go for Z623 or is it somehow u can get me Z2300 but will i get complete support from logitech team for any issues or not. Apart from Logitech Z 623 which one is best speakers in India with service support i can get? Edifier or Klipsh Promedia or Corsa but only if i can get warrant and support both. i am ready to put in around 8,500 max Rs but it should be 1 time quality need your help Rishi please

Logitech have stopped the production of Z-2300 since the launch of its successor Z-623.

Tom'sHarware[a very respected website] did a comprehensive review & comparison regarding five 2.1 speaker sets.

1) Corsair SP2500
2) Creative Gigaworks T3
3) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
4) Logitech Z623
5) Soundscience Rockus 3D

Tom'sHardware link : 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup

Corsair SP2500
*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e3a2444ea6.jpg

Klipsch Promedia
*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/96a4393b7d.jpg

Logitech Z-623
*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/394b7a4007.jpg

I really liked the SP2500. Points to note though:

1) SP2500 have 232W while Z-623 has 200W
2) SP2500 costs $260 while Z-623 costs $140 (amazon.com).
3) Z-623 have THX certification

According to Tom'sHardware sound quality wise SP2500 & Z-623 are identical. Both have the same sonic feel & character in their sound. SP2500 have more options in the wired remote that Z-623 lacks. On the other hand Z-623 is a good $120 cheaper.

Say, I will get the the Z-623 for sure since it gives me same sound quality & sonic feel of SP2500 at $120 less. Or I can spend $20 over SP2500 to get two Z-623. Now I have 400W instead of SP2500's 232W. Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!

Tom'sHarware comments on:

SP2500: "The Corsair SP2500 sounds good to my ear, whether playing back hard-hitting games or all sorts of music. I did notice a kind of hollowness in the mid-range—with vocals particularly—and this does reflect the valley we saw in the frequency response at 3.5 kHz."

Klipsch Promedia : "It rarely shows the highest or lowest response in our tests, and has no obvious weaknesses except a drop-off in the 10 kHz+ range, which is a little surprising when you consider that these speakers are equipped with dedicated tweeters."

Z-623 : "Logitech’s Z-2300 has been the product to beat for years, and the new Z623 has taken its place as Logitech’s premier 2.1-channel offering with THX certification. Without a Z-2300 on hand, I can’t compare these systems to each other, but compared to the rest of the current playing field, the Logitech Z623 certainly holds its own. It boasts a flat frequency response with gobs of bass available for games and music at your command. There’s even a bit of brilliance on the high end."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems having separate midrange drivers & tweeters as in SP2500 & Promedia does not always gives you excellent top end in the frequency spectrum as a single aluminium phase plug full range driver of Z-623 does a much better job.

The audio frequency graph of the five speaker sets:
*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e09a53c4a5.png

Note that SP2500 with a separate midrange driver & tweeter takes a dip at 500Hz and also creates a valley between 2-5kHz range where cows can graze. Z-623 with a single full range driver have much better frequency response that SP2500 between 200Hz to 20kHz hands down.

Also after looking at the above graph I cannot find a single place where the Promedia's with separate midrange & tweeters had an advantage over Z-623 in high frequencies. Actually Z-623 is superior to Promedia in producing mids & highs in every respect. Can anybody help me here?

After looking at the graph it gives me some relief as the Z-623 & its predecessor Z-2300 is not that bad after all. And also that THX have some dent on the sound quality of the product it adorns. I can live with the Z-623 having 32W less power at the top & also without the options in the control pod of SP2500.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In

Guys this is no personal advertisement, just wanted all of you to know that my review of Logitech Z-2300 was considered good enough for the front page of neowin.net.

neowin-member-reviews-logitech-z-2300-mega-review

This review started as a fun concept & I never thought in my deepest dreams to receive so many well wishes. Thanks to all the members of this forum for the support.

Quote from their neowin.net administrators:

This has to be the most in-depth review I've read for a speaker system. Great job, RishiGuru. (Y) I think you'll be pleased to know that your review made it to the front page: Neowin.net - Neowin Member Reviews: Logitech Z-2300 Mega Review

They are also asking me, if I am professionally interested to do this kind of reviews. I am yet to think about an answer.

Top Bottom