Logitech MX518 hanging

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I bought my MX518 in December and it has been working fine till now. For a few days its been hanging for a few seconds every few minutes (very irritating while playing cs :x). The sound of hardware removed comes everytime it happens. I tried it on different USB ports but still no difference. Please help.

tkin

Back to school!!
I bought my MX518 in December and it has been working fine till now. For a few days its been hanging for a few seconds every few minutes (very irritating while playing cs :x). The sound of hardware removed comes everytime it happens. I tried it on different USB ports but still no difference. Please help.
Change USB ports, else the cable is going out, rma the mouse.

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Post 1
I tested it thoroughly today. It's either an issue with a USB port header (same problem on adjacent port) or a minor cut in the cable somewhere that causes this problem at certain angles.

Post 2
Seems like the problem is with the cable but the service is handled by Rashi -.- . I will never get it repaired in a million years until something more noticeable happens (it is pretty noticable while playing cs). Any ideas?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Give it to service center.Test in front of them the problem is happening or not.I will suggest NEOTERIC SERVICE CENTER and avoid Rashi Peripheral.
Here its address in DELHI
Neoteric Infomatique ltd.
Contact Person Mr. Manish
Address A 57/2, 2nd Floor, Okhla Phase 2, Okhla Industrial Area
New Delhi - 110 020
India
Contact Number 011 - 40524270 / 81
Email delhi@neoteric.co.in

ps-I recently rma'd my logitech x210 speaker from neoteric, kolkata.They given me brand new boxed pack speaker within 15 days from taking the product.They are quite good.:D

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Just checked SMC's site. They have an option for RMA there :) . Hopefully i can get it done through them.

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Nope it seems to be a cut somewhere on the cable. It happens like that only on certain USB ports (It happened on ports of different headers so it isn't a USB issue unless my PC is dying).

Post 2:
Found the bill today. MX518 is getting worse. SMC's website has a very low word limit to describe the problem so i'm posting the message here:

I bought my MX518 in December and it has been working fine till now. For a few days its been hanging for a few seconds every few minutes. The sound of hardware removed comes everytime it happens. I tried it on different USB ports and computers but still no difference. It doesn't look like a problem with the USB ports since it is also happening on multiple PC's. There are no external marks showing a cut. It has been plugged in without incident for the past six months. I can deliver it to the store if required.

-Dhruv K

Last edited:
Top Bottom