"Login failed" on Yahoo! Go for mobile??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
I recently installed Yahoo! Go for mobile version 2.0 on my Nokia N70. However whn I try to login with my Yahoo ID, I get a "Login Failed" message. In fact none of my friends are able to login using their yahoo IDs. Does this application actually work?

Gmail for mobile is superb & works marvelously.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Are you using this on Airtel? If you are then you must keep in mind that it does not work with NOP service. It will only work with Mobile Office service.

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
alsiladka said:
Are you using this on Airtel? If you are then you must keep in mind that it does not work with NOP service. It will only work with Mobile Office service.

Oh...thats too bad. I was trying to use this on Hutch Basic GPRS (not the Hutch Access - Advanced GPRS)

The Gmail application is much better then. It works perfectly on my Hutch Basic GPRS.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hey try switching off ur fone n retry it...i got it working for my fren that way..

@ALSILADKA :Can u tell me why NOP does not work with Opera MINI and others...is there any other browsers like OPERA MINI which can work with NOP???

nik_for_you

In the zone
same problm here .. i also use hutch basic gprs.. and login is failed..
i dont think switching it on off will work

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
panacea_amc said:
hey try switching off ur fone n retry it...i got it working for my fren that way..

@ALSILADKA :Can u tell me why NOP does not work with Opera MINI and others...is there any other browsers like OPERA MINI which can work with NOP???

NOP & Opera Mini 3.1 work fine with each other. I used it for 2 weeks a lot while I was in gurgaon.

NOP doesn't support POP3 access

Other then this all kind of browisng in the mobile phone only is supported

Last edited:
OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
gx_saurav said:

Its not working on my N70. And N70 & N72 are basically the same phones.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
If Yahoo go is not supported on your phone, then it won't even install on it. It is supported, the problem must be with some setting or carrier

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Airtel does not allow TCP access through the NOP service, this is why many applications do not work on the NOP service, whereas they work on Mobile Office service.

Opera Mini works with NOP. First of all, choose NOP when it asks which network to connect trhough. Still if it does not, in the options, select run Network setup again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom