Living without XDA...

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
So I had a tiff with a Mod at XDA. The Nexus4 was a burning hot topic there and I had various questions about it.

As I made a few threads on various aspects about the device, I get a PM from a Mod. "This is your last warning. Stop making threads on XDA."

I asked him to tone down the attitude and showed him 15 other more nonsensical threads. Next morning I am banned.

Seriously XDA?
And when I tried contacting them, they replied saying v back the Mod, so i was like up yours *shows the finger* and vowed never to go back to that place.

So my question here is, can we survive without those high-handed lose :censored:?
I seriously hate that place.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Making one thread per query or a new query everyday on new threads on same topic will get you banned in most forums IMO

doomgiver

Warframe
yeah, you shouldnt make so many new threads.

i'd like to know exactly what words you used when you asked the mod to "tone down". i bet it'd make a delightful read.

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Hmmm..never happened anywhere else. And warning a member straight is unheard off. Giving infractions a miss are we? And then, there is the attitude. To hell with them..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hmmm..never happened anywhere else. And warning a member straight is unheard off. Giving infractions a miss are we? And then, there is the attitude. To hell with them..

Sorry to say but reading this one will know-

1. You have negligible idea on how forums work and how they are moderated.
2. You have done something wrong for sure.

Anyways you could try apologizing to them and say you won't repeat it.

roady

Digital Marketer
Adding to the point made by thetechfreak, your sorry attitude is the one responsible for this mess. Learn to keep your ego aside while talking to admins/mods on a forum, specially in situations like this. You could have simply asked about the matter in a polite manner. If that's what the mod ended up telling you, he was probably pissed off totally with your numerous threads. Anyways, lesson learnt for you. Keep that in mind :)

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Adding to the point made by thetechfreak, your sorry attitude is the one responsible for this mess. Learn to keep your ego aside while talking to admins/mods on a forum, specially in situations like this. You could have simply asked about the matter in a polite manner. If that's what the mod ended up telling you, he was probably pissed off totally with your numerous threads. Anyways, lesson learnt for you. Keep that in mind :)

Correction. In every communication from my end was I never impolite. It is this one particular Mod who was rude. And i am sorry if u guys think I am wrong, but I stand what I did. Sorry my a$$. Haven't done anything wrong. Just asked him to tone it down a bit and showed him more nonsensical threads. And if I have a query, And i didn't find an answer, I make a thread. I am not a novice or a n00b who doesn't know how a forum works.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well mate you don't ask a mod to tone down, he asks you to.

You ever asked police to stop when they tried intervening...say when you get into a tussle with someone?

Anyways it's not worth discussing here. Email a admin of that side since you are really pissed.

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Well mate you don't ask a mod to tone down, he asks you to.

You ever asked police to stop when they tried intervening...say when you get into a tussle with someone?

Anyways it's not worth discussing here. Email a admin of that side since you are really pissed.

A mod is not god. It is purely subjective. He thought it is wrong, there is decent way to convey it. Lock my thread and PM me. Fair enough. If u show arrogance saying " DON'T MAKE ANY MORE THREADS HERE ON XDA. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING." Then i WILL show u my finger.
I mailed the admin he said "we back the mod". So I'm like F*ck u then. I'm never going back there. And I'm not alone. Many devs have left that place alone.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Code:
I was a member and he was mod
I acted human, he acted God
He had power but I had Right
He was too weak to be in a fight

Ban ban, he banned me down
Ban ban, I hit the misery ground
Ban ban, now I was bound
Ban ban, my mod banned me down.

On the topic, you may be right, some mods do have ego

PS: I won't comment on their decision without knowing a full how as all are doing.

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Strangely, the reason to create this thread isn't to deduce who is right and who is wrong.
It is to ask if dev happens outside XDA or not. From the first reply onwards, the finger pointing has started...
Anyways...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Code:
I was a member and he was mod
I acted human, he acted God
He had power but I had Right
He was too weak to be in a fight

Ban ban, he banned me down
Ban ban, I hit the misery ground
Ban ban, now I was bound
Ban ban, my mod banned me down.

On the topic, you may be right, some mods do have ego

PS: I won't comment on their decision without knowing a full how as all are doing.

Haha...nice to see that song again!! :)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
the mod-gods will swoop down on this thread to prevent dissent.

the mod-gods will swoop down on this thread to prevent dissent.

Top Bottom