List of OS (es) you legitimately Bought/Own

Which OS you legitimately Bought/Own

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's keep this straight ... this thread is all about the OS(es) you have bought or own legally/legitimately ... but you can always list any other OS you are currently using ..

Rules :

1. Mention only the OS(es) you bought/own for using with Desktop PC/Laptop/Netbook - this includes pre installed OS that comes with Branded PCs.

2. If you are using linux mention the distro names you are currently using ... as linux has so many variants it was ot possible to add them all in the list.

3. If you are using any other OS other than those listed above you can mention it.

4. In-case of Multiple OS bought/owned by you you can make multiple choice for voting .

*** : only for those who have not legitimately Bought/Own any other OS.

Post in this format

Your legitimately Bought/Own OS(es) :

Name(s) of the Linux Distro(s) you Bought/Own :

Any other OS you are using :

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I have pretty much every operating system upto Windows XP. I decided to skip Vista on purpose. I will however purchase Windows 7.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
Your legitimately Bought/Own OS(es) : Windows 7 32-bit (MSDN), Windows 7 64-bit (From Microsoft), Linux

Name(s) of the Linux Distro(s) you Bought/Own : Ubuntu

Any other OS you are using : Montavista Linux (Motorola ROKR E6e),

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Quite a lot of Linux distros, OpenSolaris, and a few BSD forks. No Windows or Mac OS X ever owned by me though. I had even tried BeOS all the way back in 2003.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your legitimately Bought/Own OS(es): Mac OS X Snow Leopard came preinstalled in my Mac mini, Windows 7 64bit came preinstalled in my Laptop.

Name(s) of the Linux Distro(s) you Bought/Own: hmm bought? :p none. Otherwise, I'm currently using Arch Linux.

Any other OS you are using: OpenSolaris.

I describe myself as a Linux and Mac user. And I have used Vista for less than 30minutes in my entire life. :p

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your legitimately Bought/Own OS(es) : Windows Vista x64 Home Premium

Name(s) of the Linux Distro(s) you Bought/Own : Fedora, ubuntu, sabayon, Open Suse ( I prefer most ) etc.

Any other OS you are using : almost every consumer grade windows OS from 9x to windows 7 but currently using xp x64 and xp x86 :p

BTW, thinking of buying Windows 7 x64 ultimate .. :p

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I've bought Windows XP (84-bit) and Windows Vista(64,84-bit)

I've owned Ubuntu and Mint Helena :)

Your legitimately Bought/Own OS(es) : Windows Vista x64 Home Premium

Name(s) of the Linux Distro(s) you Bought/Own : Fedora, ubuntu, sabayon, Open Suse ( I prefer most ) etc.

Any other OS you are using : almost every consumer grade windows OS from 9x to windows 7 but currently using xp x64 and xp x56 :p

BTW, thinking of buying Windows 7 x64 ultimate .. :p

I think you guys should be awarded for inventing these new versions of OS. Are you guys also using some x56 and 84 bit capable processors? Your own inventions or they are part of some secret projects from Intel/Amd/Qualcomm/TI/nVidia/IBM? :grin::grin::grin::grin:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyways, you actually can't really "own" Windows/Mac OS X. You can only "own" Linux.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you guys should be awarded for inventing these new versions of OS. Are you guys also using some x56 and 84 bit capable processors? Your own inventions or they are part of some secret projects from Intel/Amd/Qualcomm/TI/nVidia/IBM? :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Yup, those were typos ( I corrected mine )

But the post you made out of it is really a very funny .... I appreciate it ... :fonzz: :clap2: :doogone:

Anyways, you actually can't really "own" Windows/Mac OS X. You can only "own" Linux.

Yup, we can only own/buy a license to use windows ... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom