Linux to recover Data from Failed Hard Drive

pentiumlover

Broken In
Hi ,

I have a laptop and few days back the OS crashed , I tried the Manufacture recovery option but the process failed with some I/O error in Hard Disk .
When I insert Ubuntu Live Dvd it fails with some I/O error . Is there any Linux Distribution which can boot of USB and then let me recover data of the Hard Disk (SMART Utility is indicating that only one partition has failed )

As a last option i am planning to take the hard disk out and use external casing to recover the data . would taking out Hard disk void Laptop warranty ?

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
There are so many linux distros that can boot from USB drives. You could search for it over the internet. :)

My favourite one is SystemRescueCd, but you can try other distros like TRK (Trinity Rescue Kit) , SLAX Live linux.

There is also one portable USB distro provided by AVG called ¨AVG Anti-Virus Rescue USB¨.
Hope this will help you. ;)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Basically, if you download UNetbootin, you will be able to burn any Linux's ISO to USB drive. Be it Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, any...

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
+1 to UNetBootin!

You can use Universal-USB-Installer also, which is merely near to 800KB compared to 4.2 MB of UNetBootin!

OP
P

pentiumlover

Broken In
thanks everyone ..

Using windows 7 Ultimate . Most probably hard disk has crashed . Anyhow laptop is under warranty , but would plugging out hard disk void warranty .

Top Bottom