Linux Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Have you tried Gentoo HandBook? Gentoo Forums are one of the most active Linux forums and its IRC channel has never disappointed any one.

*djforum.free.fr/smileysmileysmiley/v2/surprises/surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif
Though official paid support isn't there, but community support is great. But he said that he has just copy-pasted that part(which is not hard to find out reading the second guide)

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
today hundreds of e-books is available for linux on net from begineers level to expert level for totally free.
if u put some links on this thread, it will make differnet..

OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
@ghost at rest buddy these were the views of webgenius, and i guess personal openions may vary...

i personally prefer Ubuntu for all my linux needs.....

today hundreds of e-books is available for linux on net from begineers level to expert level for totally free.
if u put some links on this thread, it will make differnet..
thanx for the idea.... will find and post very soon.. in the meanwhile if u hv nething to post here dn plz do..

Last edited:

Flake

Linux User
@ghost at rest buddy these were the views of webgenius, and i guess personal openions may vary...
I agree that there are thousands of distros freely available to use and which one is best depends on personal likes/dislikes only. I don't want to be sound rude but there is a difference between facts and opinions.

You have written or copy/pasted in thread to help new users. You should give correct info only. You know, as newbie, I had a lot of trouble during installation of my first Linux distro. Later, I came to know that the website/tutorials I was using were pretty old/outdated and full of misconceptions. That made my Linux journey a bit bumpy in starting.

Last edited:
OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
@ghost at rest ya buddy got ur point... but now u guys hv corrected the mistakes so next time i'll make sure dat such mistakes dont happen...

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Even if you are 100% sure, still confirm the correctness of the content you are posting. A little mistake on part of you might give a large amount of trouble to a newbie.

OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
guys can u also help me build up this guide by jst telling me the essential topics which i have not covered yet.... i will be posting for shell script and package management.. and that it from my side.....
waiting 4 ur rply guyz..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You still would like to persist that all of the above are not from various other sources, and are works of your own? :\

OP
piyushp_20

piyushp_20

Geekologist
@QwertyManiac buddy, i have answered to similar question before also, (see reply #15)... i am not saying i have created all the commands and developed linux... m just summing up whatever i know about it...

ThinkFree

Technomancer
NOTE:- please make sure that linux is case sensitive, even spaces matter.
Are you sure you meant that? Seems you are telling how to develop an OS.

Ls –a - View a listing of all files, including hidden files.
Ls –aR - View a listing of files, including hidden files, and including files in all subdirectories (recursive)..
Linux is case sensitive and no Ls command is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom