Linux server rig...

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
I have an old pc which i want to use as a server for my website. Here is the config-

Proccy - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00ghz(dont remember exact model)
Mobo - Some MSI mobo
Ram - 2gb(800mhz) + 512mb(400mhz)
GFX - Galaxy Geforce 7200GS 256mb
Hdd - none*
ODD - combo drive(dvd-rw)
PSU - Some 200W local psu

The problem is, that i want to know that can this pc be online 24x7 without getting over-heated(or blasting). If not then what can i do to make it a server.

*Does anyone have any idea on how to convert a 160GB internal laptop HDD to work with a pc mobo.

root.king

geek in action
i dont think so, its not possible bcoz u told that u have local brand psu that gonna blow out any time if u use it 24x7
and hdd: some of my friend told me that laptops sata drive can be usable with regular pc but i had never been saw that type.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^ok i will get a better psu. Should i remove gfx because i dont think there is a need. Also please suggest a cheap psu that suits me after i remove the gfx. Can anyone tell me how that how do use a lappy internel hdd with a pc. Are you sure that the pc will not overheat?

Please reply guys....

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^are you crazy. 430W psu for just a core 2 duo proccy, odd, a laptop converted hdd and 2.5gb ddr2 ram. NOTE is said because its just a server i will remove the gfx.

Please guys give some suggestions.

Top Bottom