LINUX ....oohh YES

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzu

AJJU
started this thread coz i don't have BB conn and i have not received a dvd or cd from the linux projects. so plzzz let me know that any mag given linux distros or best linux softs plz let me know IN INDIA

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
there are many sources from which u can get linux
1) BUY os itself:- you can buy from sellers like novell or redhat
2) buy the disk:- u can get the disk from mags like digit,chip, linux for you etc. also there are various linux stores which sell linux
3) get it from ur friends or lug
4) order online for free ar shipit.ubuntu.com but it will have around 1 month get get to u.

since u don't have net i suggest u purchase a version which is fully configured to avg home user needs( like playing mp3 etc). mind it not all linux distros can play mp3 by default because of patent issues.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
thats the best way. Tell us where you are and someone would probably drop over and help you install.

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
i stay in andhra Pradesh at ELURU(WEST GODAVARI) near Vijayawada
any one from A.P?? I do have a dial up airtel GPRS conn
I INSTALLED mandriva 2007 yes its cool but bot totally satisfied heard Ubuntu is cooler enough i prefer EYE CANDY AND MULTIMEDIA JUST TELL ME MAGAZINES OR SOME ONE WHO IS NEAR TO ME.AND I STARTED THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSING THE OPEN SOURCE SOFTS AVAILABLE ON THE INDIAN MAGAZINES DVDS OR CDS (and for meee too)

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Shipit CDs need at least 1 or 1.5 month to deliver. Wait for a few more days.
And since you have Mandriva installed, just try and play with that distro;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom