Linux Mobile OS for O2 XDA [PDA]??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovian

Broken In
I ve searched and searched and almost giving up...

I have an o2 XDA Stealth which runs on windows mobile OS.. I'm sick of it.. want to run a linux mobile OS on it..

Please let me know if this is possible.. if yes, how to do it and which mobile OS is good??

Searching on google gives me Android :( but it's not released.. I couldn't get Ubuntu Mobile OS either i think its in development..

Hoping on you guys here to make my day :)

well I am looking into this link of OpenMoko
*wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download

please tell me anyone, if you have tried this

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Not possible on O2 XDA Stealth ATM..HTC phones have very limited(if any at all) support for linux. HTC have tried their level best to make sure linux does not work on their phones. However, some smart developers were able to develop drivers and tweak the kernel for the phones. It works on very few phones at the moment. Keep checking xda-devs for updates..

OP
J

jovian

Broken In
Hey thanks a lot guys for those repies!! I will check the links you suggested. But tel me this, might be a stupid question, i donno really, if I connect that phone to my comp can i format it and try installing (or something like that) just as any drive, or do I need certain softwares for it.

Pat

Beyond Smart
You dont need a computer to format the phone.

If you have active-sync installed (or windows mobile device center if on Vista) then you can copy files to the phone/memory card via the icon that shows up in explorer.

If you want to have it as a separate drive in your explorer, you need a software called Softick Export or something like that. This software turns your phone into a memory-card reader.

nasralquds

Right off the assembly line
Hi
i am register to reply ur Q

*blog.sanriotown.com/icyrascal:hellokitty.com/2007/06/14/running-linux-on-o2-xda-exec/

*wiki.xda-developers.com/

*osdir.com/ml/handhelds.ipaq.general/2003-01/msg00307.html

OP
J

jovian

Broken In
Hi,

Many thanks for replying :) ur reply was the most helpful... Welcome to thinkdigit forums :) Hope joining this forum will be of good use to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom