Linux Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Well I just Emailed the Ed. to make their great Magazine available in India. So guys tell me would you like to get your hands on this one *www.linux-magazine.com/ . Their Packaging is great and they even ship Premium Version such as Linux Xp 2008 and Mandriva PowerPack.

I hope you guys will also bug them about starting Editorial in India :D

Regards

mediator

Technomancer
I think it was ur mail to LFU asking them for the Mandriva 2008? Great going. Linux magazines can really do some serious business in INDIA. Even digit can do that, and improve itself. Neways, just trolled on the site u gave. Looks fine. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
yeah very true.Linux Magazine should come to India soon.

I got a copy of "linux-mag" of UK sometime back.it is sooo thin and contents are kind of nothing better than LFY :p

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
But pricing will be important, India is a price sensitive market. If the prices are too high it will be a no-go.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yes this is one of the top Linux mags out there, there is this one other mag that tops all, IIRC is 'Linux Format'. I don't know man, how practical will it be for them to come to India, hoping for the best.

praka123

left this forum longback
with online sources which are way better available ,why should someone with BB worry about Mags :))
with rss ,I am subscribed to few sites like /. ,lxer,arstechnica and all :p enough I think .

yeah offline reading is interesting ,agreed.but if Linux Magazine expecting Rs1000 per issue to be sold here in India - I got one word "GFO(go fcuk off )" :D

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yeah? No power in Bangalore today from 10 to 4 pm, beat that will your online things :D

Now who got the edge!!

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Quote from Linux Magazine Department

Hi Shashwat,

Thank you for you kind email.

Linux Magazine is currently investigating ways to get into the
Indian market. I understand that Linux plays an important role
in Indian IT and that there's demand for an English-language
Linux Magazine in your country.

As far as I know there's already an Indian Linux magazine,
called "Linux For You". Do you read this regularly?
How do you see this in comparison with Linux Magazine?
How is their standing in the Indian Linux community?

Thank you!

Kind regards, Hans

mediator

Technomancer
I find LFY enthralling. Yeah, with a few magz like Digit I just keep on turning pages over n over until I find something interesting. Talk about the loadzzz of advertisements! But neways @shashwat what did u tell them? I guess @praka bhai can tell those folks about FOSS and linux standing in INDIA. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom