Linux Foundation to Linux users : Respect Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Found this on neowin

Linux needs to recognise Microsoft's leadership in some areas to better itself, Jim Zemlin, executive director for the Linux Foundation told delegates at the Linuxworld tradeshow in San Fransisco. As Linux has become a mainstream operating system, it is exiting the first stage of its life. The second stage requires a different strategy form the first one, said the Linux promotor.

Open source vendors have to recognise that Windows is here to stay and that together with Microsoft it will form a duopoly in the market for operating systems. This also requires that the Linux community respects Microsoft rather than ridicule it. "There are some things that Windows does pretty well," Zemlin said. Microsoft for instance has excelled in marketing the operating system, and has a good track record in fending off competition.

Lolz....what can I say..where is DRM DRM DRM DRM Calling Linux a movement & that Linux foundation will never call Microsoft good.

(P.S - They want Office 2007 for Mac :D)

din

Tribal Boy
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
whatever it may be , fact is MS is a successful business :)

For sure. They don't mind spending $$$ for marketing, ads etc. And they don't mind whether their business is ethical or not.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Zeeshan Quireshi said:

yes microsoft really has a greatest bussiness tat is fact. And i think Gates is the only person using only one company (microsoft) has become the richest man on earth, but other rich people like Warren buffet and others have more than one company. :p

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@din: Businesses are not ethical nowdays. M$ as well as other computer companies do everything unethical to sell their product. Dell, INtel, AMD, even OS people do it or they wont survive.

praka123

left this forum longback
I hope Windows brand be eliminated from the world for eternal by utmost 2015.also the monopolistic microsoft be subsided.But admits,hopes are hopes.Let there something more innovative come.not necessarily FOSS.if u feel the words are offending(BSOD in ur brain,u fanatic "idiot")-sync for a minute.if it fails press ctrl+alt+del u'll get restarted,problems solved.temp soltn.do this every time;) :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
praka123 said:
I hope Windows brand be eliminated from the world for eternal by utmost 2015.also the monopolistic microsoft be subsided.But admits,hopes are hopes.Let there something more innovative come.not necessarily FOSS.if u feel the words are offending(BSOD in ur brain,u fanatic "idiot")-sync for a minute.if it fails press ctrl+alt+del u'll get restarted,problems solved.temp soltn.do this every time;) :D
by that time you will rarely see a desktop pc

praka123

left this forum longback
^there must be something "new" be there by that time.not necessarily Operating Systems.something new.i am looking on apple,OSS and others.never M$ and innovation(their innovation is fulltime fanboys here in this forum=for eg; and DRM on ur VistA! :x )

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ You guys can never stop fighting.:rolleyes: Even Linus and Billy wont be arguing that much.:)

PS: And who's invisible here?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
both should respect each other......both try to compete instead fight simply !
rather focus on improving their products than finding out problems in other OSes
help people to implement computers well !!

i see some people saying all companies cheat......might be true...but very sad !!

and i dont care about their fights let them do whatever they want
i will any way use the stuff that is best suited for me ! even if the other is suited for rest 99% and even be far superior to it !

goobimama

 Macboy
Microsoft: Respect. People think I'm always against MS, but I'm not. I think MS is a great company and Gates is a genius.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Because of rich fools buying OS which has nothing to offer expect gaming :| Seesh 17k for nothing just a BOX paked Cd/ DVD :(

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Shashwat Pant said:
Because of rich fools buying OS which has nothing to offer expect gaming :| Seesh 17k for nothing just a BOX paked Cd/ DVD :(

Is that all You see? You don't see the ease of use Windows give?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
I hope Windows brand be eliminated from the world for eternal by utmost 2015.also the monopolistic microsoft be subsided.But admits,hopes are hopes.

First, change your keyboard. You "space" key is not working. Or is it not supported on your Linux Distribution? :d

Let there something more innovative come.not necessarily FOSS

What if that Innovation comes from Microsoft? Will you not use it then? Windows changed the way we work on computer despite of the fact that Apple came with a working GUI before MS, just cos Windows was easier & widely available to everyone. Where was Linux in 1995 prakash?

if u feel the words are offending(BSOD in ur brain,u fanatic "idiot")-sync for a minute.if it fails press ctrl+alt+del u'll get restarted,problems solved.temp soltn.do this every time;) :D

If I don't tinker, BSOD is a thing of past.
^there must be something "new" be there by that time.not necessarily Operating Systems.something new.i am looking on apple,OSS and others.never M$ and innovation

The real future of PCs is Tablet PCs, another platform pioneered by Microsoft. So, like I said, if MS changes the way we interact with Computers in Windows 7 won't u use it? Oh wait...u will use it after KDE & GNOME copy it in a 4 years span.

rather focus on improving their products than finding out problems in other OSes
help people to implement computers well !!

Well said, now I hope others understand it too

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
gx_saurav said:
Is that all You see? You don't see the ease of use Windows give?
Pathetic.. 17k for ease of use.. I say Linux is not that hard .. Just leave spoon feeding and you will find it easy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom