Linux Foundation to Linux users : Respect Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Shashwat Pant said:
Pathetic.. 17k for ease of use.. I say Linux is not that hard .. Just leave spoon feeding and you will find it easy :lol:

Hmm...I wonder about your limited scope of Knowledge. Yes we all know that Windows is overpriced, but Vista Home premium is all u need for Rs 9k...what u get with it

1) Media Center, no equivalent available in Linux
2) DirectX 10 & the best PC gaming platform out there.
3) Any hardware will work.
4) You don't have to work 10 hrs just to play a DivX file
5) Microsoft Office & Collaboration tools.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
gx_saurav said:
Hmm...I wonder about your limited scope of Knowledge. Yes we all know that Windows is overpriced, but Vista Home premium is all u need for Rs 9k...what u get with it

1) Media Center, no equivalent available in Linux
2) DirectX 10 & the best PC gaming platform out there.
3) Any hardware will work.
4) You don't have to work 10 hrs just to play a DivX file
5) Microsoft Office & Collaboration tools.

Ur statement bounce back to you :p ."Hmm...I wonder about your limited scope of Knowledge. "

1. MythUbuntu. and a Media Center based Linux *tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/geexboxmedia-center-edition-for-linux/
2. Lolz .:p Too much Hardware needed :p and DX10 gaming nirvana . None of the game are playable @ 30 FPS above.. :p and DX 10 doomed DX 11 rumored :p
3. Same here :p Just you need to configure ;)
4. WHy ? So .. :S
5/ LMAO MS office is the suckiest office wizard I had ever used.. After using it from my childhood .. I mean after school.. I haven't touched that crap of code :x .. OOO ftw :D

Rest Linux is ftw ~ steps ahead of windows ;) Check this before claiming any statement again Linux beauty and Vista WOW .. WoW to peda hone se pehle hi mar gaya :rofl: :lol: *youtube.com/watch?v=_ImW0-MgR8I

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
100 baat ki 1 bat .. Linux Engg given double salary while WIndows koi puchta hi nahi :lol: LMAO >... ya that's right .. Linux Engg are in gr8 demand.. While no 1 bother that you know windows or not... So chad de chad de billu di windowia :p

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Shashwat Pant said:
100 baat ki 1 bat .. Linux Engg given double salary while WIndows koi puchta hi nahi :lol: LMAO >... ya that's right .. Linux Engg are in gr8 demand..

from where u got this info. ?

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
vish786 said:
from where u got this info. ?
:p Eh? U asking a person who is gng 2 give engg exam :p ..Hehe I consulted many peoples ;) Some from this forum and my bro. who is Nokia Project Head atm in Uk ;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Shashwat Pant said:
1. MythUbuntu. and a Media Center based Linux *tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/geexboxmedia-center-edition-for-linux/*tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/geexboxmedia-center-edition-for-linux/
*tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/geexboxmedia-center-edition-for-linux/

& How good is that compared to MCE? Does it supports any TV Tuner out there? Hardware encoding? HD Content & streams for TV?

2. Lolz .:p Too much Hardware needed :p and DX10 gaming nirvana . None of the game are playable @ 30 FPS above.. :p and DX 10 doomed DX 11

That would be your excude for "i can't play games on Linux"
3. Same here :p Just you need to configure ;)

Why? I want to work...not configure for 10 hrs. Let me know how to get my Pinnacle PCTV Stereo TV Tuner card in PCLinuxOS in 3 steps plz.

4. WHy ? So .. :S

Ease of use, ever heard about it?

5/ LMAO MS office is the suckiest office wizard I had ever used.. After using it from my childhood .. I mean after school.. I haven't touched that crap of code :x .. OOO ftw :D

Openoffice is good, if u in 1995 & using at single user PC at home only...& don't care for compatibility.

Rest Linux is ftw ~ steps ahead of windows

A rumar spread by Lingeeks

Check this before claiming any statement again Linux beauty and Vista WOW .. WoW to peda hone se pehle hi mar gaya :rofl: :lol: *youtube.com/watch?v=_ImW0-MgR8I

You call that productive & fast to work with?

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ until and unless u try u will find it har d :p .. U study ? If so leave it .. it is also bit hard at times.. What we are today .. I mean see the things Comps. discoveries and all :p If all would have thought like u .. Hard hard then we would be living in Jungles and you would have dressed in Animal skin doing hua hua :lol: ROFL copter :lol:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Shashwat Pant said:
^^ until and unless u try u will find it har d :p .. U study ? If so leave it .. it is also bit hard at times.. What we are today .. I mean see the things Comps. discoveries and all :p If all would have thought like u .. Hard hard then we would be living in Jungles and you would have dressed in Animal skin doing hua hua :lol: ROFL copter :lol:

What a thinking. Suppose I m not a geek, but want to do my work....what would u suggest me to do? Use a easy & preconfigured OS which works flawlessly or work on an OS so that it can start working?

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The biggest myth.. Why u consider Linux users as a Geek ..:| Plz you feel at home in Windows cause we have been using it from the starting ;) Now if you get in Linux. you'll be comfortable in that :D Just a step is needed :) Go ahead :) try it .. The day in 8th when I installed Ubuntu iI found it so sucky I formatted the drive.. After a research I found it amazing :D and now .. I love it ;) Even my sis work in Ubuntu without any hassle ;)

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
seriously give ubuntu or for that matter many other distros a try and i guarantee u definetely WONT take 10 hrs to get a divx file running.
and openoffice is pretty much enough unless u r serious professional.
also pls DONT tell me vista works on "ANY' hardware that is completley pointell 2 gb ram latest grphix card and fast processor just for AERO, sorry it just aint worth it.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
If anybody is using linux "ever since he opened his eyes" then he wont find it difficult. This is what happens with windows, most people use it even before they learn anything.
And the kind of security it gives, its a 100 times better than Windows. And its free too.
I havent used windows since last 2 years. Mostly coz I need PC for playing games and my hardware wont supprot it:(. My distro shows me what exactly is the potential of my PC. Its not anything like "Your Potential Our Passion."
And when movies like shrek3 are made using gimp on lin, I think its a good headstart.:)
And the day games start coming on the linux platform, believe me I will be the first person on the earth to kick windows outta my box.

And gx: You dont have to be double standard bro. When it comes to Windows Vista not supporting any hardware, you and imav just give the lame excuse that drivers will mature, give them some time. And when it comes to linux not supporting any hardware you just start flaming linux. Why dont you give it a thought that some Hardwarewallas dont support linux right now and it takes a hell lot of hard work in order to reverse engineer the windows drivers and port it to linux. Please keep an unbiased touch in all your posts. :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
tgpraveen said:
seriously give ubuntu or for that matter many other distros a try and i guarantee u definetely WONT take 10 hrs to get a divx file running.

Check my Ubuntu 7.04 thread in Open Source section. For everything i had to wait for 4 hrs just for all the packages to download (256 kbps connection here, slow means lots of files to install here)

I tried uninstalling OpenOffice & It uninstall GNOME desktop too, I was left with CLI...startx didn't even started XWindow.

also pls DONT tell me vista works on "ANY' hardware that is completley pointell 2 gb ram latest grphix card and fast processor just for AERO, sorry it just aint worth it.

Who told u that u need such high end hardware to run Vista? Zeeshan is running Vista on P4 2 Ghz with 512 MB RAM & 845G chipset while I m running on my 4 years old P4 3.06 GHz with 1 GB RAM & FX 5900XT gfx card.

Stop spreading pointless & baseless rumors.

praka123

left this forum longback
We must "respect" Microsoft for the 235+ patent claims on Linux OS(rival os for M$) :lol:.we must respect bend to "wow" :D pathetic brand loyalty @work.
Whether it is Linux foundation or what the proclamation should have to do with that Individual.btwn Billy G ke Deewano-havent u heard that SCO(backed by M$) failed in the court against Novell?research about that.it is posted in tech section.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
cynosure said:
And gx: You dont have to be double standard bro. When it comes to Windows Vista not supporting any hardware, you and imav just give the lame excuse that drivers will mature, give them some time.

Thats because WIndows can use both Open source & closed source drivers without any restriction, & Windows has just one driver...thats it.

And when it comes to linux not supporting any hardware you just start flaming linux. Why dont you give it a thought that some Hardwarewallas dont support linux right now and it takes a hell lot of hard work in order to reverse engineer the windows drivers and port it to linux.

There are 1000 distro out there & one driver is not compatible with another. if you compile from source then again it might or might not work. First make a standard in Drivers of Linux & stop asking for everything OSS. Hardware vendors spend millions in research for drivers etc they can't make them open source. Can Linux or GPL approve installation of close source drivers after agreeing to a common driver so that nVidia (Example) can make one closed source driver for Linux which will install perfectly on any Linux distro

Since this is not the case, linux sux when it comes to hardware support.

How old r u? First learn the basics of why I call Linux bad.....this all I have discussed here with many senior members. Just that GPS restricts the installation of anything closed source while Windows lets u install OSS & Closed Source app too.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^Nothing to do with my age here. When I am as aged as you are, my concepts will already be cleared. Thanks for pointing that out.
No offence seriously.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ok ok Just tell me why should we use WIndows .. [ Plz do not include gaming non gamers :p] /// I mean does it have extra feathers.. or what.. What special does it provide .? :| Seesh.. an Os which isn't hae a good software support right out from the Box.. Listen bro no offense .. U windows fan ,, Its good.. But see paying 10k on OS then paying 2-3k on security then again few ks on Burning software and 50k on PS :p LMAO.. main to bankrupt ho gaya. Aur abhi acha hardware hi nahi hai in sab chij ko chalane ke liye.
Such a mess .. If I have to spend on each and everything. then why should I buy it ? I mean what Xtra does it pffer out of the box.. No pdf, no Av, No better media player, no good burning s/w, no real time DIvx / and Hd movie player. and ..... ~ list won't be complete cause it comes with nothing :x:| then what .... 10k for what ... a showy box and a glowing CD :| Is it worth it ? Just tell me . +++ nearly 40-50k for better hardware .. WIndows ko acha hardware chahiye nahi to Billu ki Windo nahi chalti :lol: Seesh ....:| Still u people cry for Windows :| Patheticc... Ohh the Human Brain :|

mediator

Technomancer
vish786 said:
Offtopic:
which companies r asking more linux engineer ? let us know.
Open naukri.com and search 'linux' there! U have it. The list changes with seasons as the companies which get their vacancies filled close the entries and the companies which r betrayed by people for more money make new entries there.

Besides LAMP is very popular n on the rise. There r companies that do work solely on Linux for web development using PhP. SMall companies r the ones that fit in that line. They can't afford highly priced softwares, their licenses and pay more again next time for the upgrade! These r the companies that know how to work using softwares which has got good community and documentation with it.

So for having a smooth flow of their work they do need system admins, network admins and then u call those system admins synonymously as linux admins when the companies work is on linux!!

Well there is more to linux admins then just doing the local company's work!!

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ NOt only Web hoosting but there is a course known as Linux kerneling which doubles the salary :p My frnd Sridutta I guess he is here :) is doing that from Bits ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom