Linux distro wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
And Gnome can run KDE Apps Perfectly.. Try Running GTK Apps in KDE :-&, They Look Fugly!

*img88.imageshack.us/img88/112/screenshotamarokliftbypoetsofthefall1ot2.th.png

One Can Easily install KControl in Ubuntu and Play with to Make the Color Scheme to Match the Default Ubuntu Brown/Orange One..

And ANY KDE App can be Installed, If you hate to Download them, Just get the Kubuntu Alternate ISO, Add the CD to the Repos and then apt-get the Usual Way..

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
chesss said:
Because gnome is too slow, specially for Indians (non super fast PC's), and more importantly coz of Nautilus. The most horrible piece of software EVER!
Kde on the other hand comes with konqueror which is much better for browsing, file management(dual panes), can read man pages, use locate for instant search.
KDE, by default uses more resources than GNOME. Both can be tweaked to use lower reosurces. And both can be tweaked to have more functionalities.
For slow PC's running KDE will be even more difficult. For slow PC's there are Window Managers that come in handy as they consume less resources.
You can use nautilius to read man pages. With beagle, there is a nice GTK based search.
GNOME is a really good software. It is not at all horrible. It's just that you are biased. I believe both KDE and GNOME are eually good.
For lower resources, both DE's are a bit of trouble, but that's where WM's like XFCE, Enlightenment come in. They are feature rich, easy to learn and low on resources.
Whatever can be done on KDE can be equally well done in GNOME, and even on console, if you are good enough.
And please stop having KDE v/s GNOME war here.

eddie

El mooooo
subbzzz said:
And Gnome can run KDE Apps Perfectly.. Try Running GTK Apps in KDE :-&, They Look Fugly!
GNOME users would give an arm and a leg to have a thing like "gtk-engines-qt". This makes GTK apps look like native QT applications. You show me similar counter part for KDE apps and I will be very happy :D
One Can Easily install KControl in Ubuntu and Play with to Make the Color Scheme to Match the Default Ubuntu Brown/Orange One..
The same can be done by starting gnome demon with KDE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom