Life on the Cutting Edge - ArchLinux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys! This is my first blog post in 2 months, and I decided to write a half decent review about archlinux. Please read it and comment on it.

The Smaller Bang said:
After a few months of using it, I finally feel I am confident enough to write a piece about one of the best, and I MEAN best, linux distros ever, archlinux. This distro is rather unique, and several things in it make it the ideal distro for the intermediate level linux user. The following is in no way a review or tutorial about arch, THAT part would need another post. Currently, I am focusing on its importance as a distro for the intermediate linux user.

Read the whole thing here:
*thesmallerbang.wordpress.com/2008/10/10/life-on-the-cutting-edge-archlinux/

And yeah, please digg it if you like it :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Gautham : Not to spoil your party , but I dont understand why this thread is required to announce you latest blog entry.If you really wanted to share this article then you could have posted the full article. You had already posted this in the Bloggers Thread two days ago. As I see from here.. you are just advertising your site.

Sorry Reported.

EDIT: BTW It is a nice article.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
but I dont understand why this thread is required to announce you latest blog entry.If you really wanted to share this article then you could have posted the full article.......
EDIT: BTW It is a nice article.
+1

areey chill yaar. why are you policing the digit forum. just leave it ;)
why even care ;)
be happy !

^^ Yes I better leave the forum as well.
-∞ :mad:

thread must be merged into bloggers corner

@charan: actually, the post is 2 days old. I only posted it here because some people thought it was above average quality, when the post suddenly appeared in linuxtoday.com, some denmark lug site, and several others, and finally in archlinux forums, without me doing ANYTHING. I ended up as #50 in top wordpress blogs of the day, and then, I thought I can post it here to get more guys into archlinux, thats all. I care not for traffic.

@devil: I installed aspell in arch. Even then, firefox spell checker not working. Any idea why ?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ If the article is good and informative. There are no problems.
But please post the full one here dude. Why not do it right away? :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I agree with Gautham on this one.. I myself came to his blog via a link on the archlinux forum. When i read it, i didn't even notice it was Gautham's blog lol! Then when he linked it here, i realized it was his blog :p I think its ok for him to post an excerpt with a link back to his blog, as the article is original.

Gautham: Good article, keep it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom