LibreOffice - A step in the right direction

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Draw lets you build diagrams and sketches from scratch. A picture is worth a thousand words, so why not try something simple with box and line diagrams? Or else go further and easily build dynamic 3D illustrations and special effects. It's as simple or as powerful as you want it to be.

I think you can save presentations as pptx. If you mean Draw to pptx then I can't help you, I do not use it.

Niilesh

Padawan
^ in 2.4.2 it would save the files in the pptx but all the formatting would be gone. I wanted to know if the problem still persists.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
^ in 2.4.2 it would save the files in the pptx but all the formatting would be gone. I wanted to know if the problem still persists.

You mean formatting would be ruined when opened in Microsoft Powerpoint? I do not own a copy of Powerpoint so I cannot help you there as well. But why bother using LibreOffice if you own MS Office anyway? Use it if you are going to be opening it in LibreOffice, no point using it in MS Office.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes its needed when you are sending the files outside who have MS Office. ;)

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I know what you mean. Well, I have not even installed anything apart from Writer. No idea about compatibility. Luckily, my company uses OpenOffice.org. So, I use ODF all the time.

Does anyone know if MS Office supports ODF yet? Version 2007 could not open it. Not sure about 2010.

Niilesh

Padawan
You mean formatting would be ruined when opened in Microsoft Powerpoint? I do not own a copy of Powerpoint so I cannot help you there as well. But why bother using LibreOffice if you own MS Office anyway? Use it if you are going to be opening it in LibreOffice, no point using it in MS Office.
Skud answered the quesion
BTW the formatting would be gone even if you open it in LibreOffice again(in ppt format)

I know what you mean. Well, I have not even installed anything apart from Writer. No idea about compatibility. Luckily, my company uses OpenOffice.org. So, I use ODF all the time.

Does anyone know if MS Office supports ODF yet? Version 2007 could not open it. Not sure about 2010.
2010 could not open it but i found a plugin on sourceforge to make it support ODF.
Found the link : OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-in for Office

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
libreoffice or openoffice?? which one is preferable the most for windows os?? ur thoughts??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

2010 Starter version supports odt and ods files. I guess Powerpoint probably supports odp files too.

Theodre

In the zone
I have preffered this tooo but the Libre office documents are not compatible with windows. When i painfull typed 27 pages for my project then tried it on a PC i got irritated and frustrated because of this!! I hope this thing is fixed/or will be fixed because this is the main challenge according to me on changing to Linux (other than gaming which i dont care :) )!!! This is the main thing!! Because even if this is fixed or not, am not going to leave the Linux, but it will stop me from recruiting many....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
LibreOffice isn't compatible with Windows? But I have been using it right from it's inception on my Windows 7 PC. Come on if you want to troll don't end up trolling yourself :p
Installation on Windows » LibreOffice

Theodre

In the zone
LibreOffice isn't compatible with Windows? But I have been using it right from it's inception on my Windows 7 PC. Come on if you want to troll don't end up trolling yourself :p
Installation on Windows » LibreOffice

Friend, i meant that the documents created by libre office from a linux machine is shown real messy when we open it from a PC which uses MS OFFICE!! I know that the installation is available in windows :) I used libre office first on a PC :)

UPDATE : I have specifically told that libre office documents on windows even though didn't refer the MS OFFICE :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Didn‘t understand what mess up you are talking off. LibreOffice ia working flawlessly. It opens MS office formats too.
Post a screenshot of what you call “messed up“

Friend, i meant that the documents created by libre office from a linux machine is shown real messy when we open it from a PC which uses MS OFFICE!! I know that the installation is available in windows :) I used libre office first on a PC :)

UPDATE : I have specifically told that libre office documents on windows even though didn't refer the MS OFFICE :)
Maybe a big? Did you report it?

Theodre

In the zone
Didn‘t understand what mess up you are talking off. LibreOffice ia working flawlessly. It opens MS office formats too.
Post a screenshot of what you call “messed up“

How can i post screenshot of the thing i was doing for my project that i was doing to submit for the next day in my hostel without any internet!! And i am talking about the Libre Office created documents not working properly on a windows machine when opened with the MS office!! Dude pls do read before you post, cheers :)

Maybe a big? Did you report it?

No friend i was doing my project day before the deadline in my hostel room,so i couldn't report!! I was not using 4.0 i guess :)

Top Bottom