LG Optimus L9 - Short Review

tkin

Back to school!!
Lg L9 would be good for office work, I picked it up for that reason only, I read plenty of books, and that 4.7" screen would do wonders, now I tried to read ebooks in a friend's grand, the fonts look jaggy due to the low ppi, I had been trying to point this out for long now.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yep, also One S have smaller screen 4.3" compared to 4.7" L9. And IMO, Cortex A9 in L9 is better than overclocked Snapdragon of One S.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Yep, also One S have smaller screen 4.3" compared to 4.7" L9. And IMO, Cortex A9 in L9 is better than overclocked Snapdragon of One S.
Well One S comes clocked at 1.7GHz, so faster in CPU department, also the adreno 220 is faster than SGX540 as well, no competition, but L9 has to compete only with Sub 20k phones, but ends up beating 22k phones, 25k phones are of course better. But if I could afford a Xperia SL I wouldn't buy L9 anyway.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am not telling L9 is faster than One S. But in battery consumption, L9(2150 mAh) is way better than One S(1650 mAh) and Cortex A9 consumes less power compared to Snapdragon IIRC.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Scorpion's power consumption should be less compared to Cortex A9 clock to clock. But to remain stable at 1.7Ghz, Qualcomm did increase the voltage. This will really hurt the efficiency of SL/One S.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yes. L9(2150 mAh) > One S(1650 mAh), so obviously have better battery backup, because clock speed is lesser compared to One S.

tkin

Back to school!!
Scorpion's power consumption should be less compared to Cortex A9 clock to clock. But to remain stable at 1.7Ghz, Qualcomm did increase the voltage. This will really hurt the efficiency of SL/One S.
Yeah, just the other day I was reading some reviews, seems Americans are even more hurt by this, their LTE phones suck battery like a jet engine, they wasted the battery of some phones within 4hrs :|
They even managed to kill the Droid DNA's battery within 12hrs on LTE.

Android sets are highly inefficient, that was Symbian's Domain.

^^ Yes. L9(2150 mAh) > One S(1650 mAh), so obviously have better battery backup, because clock speed is lesser compared to One S.
On a modern high class android I believe 2000mah should be mandatory.

Hrishi

Okay, Well as far as HTC One S is concerned , I have read that this one is not same as the one being SOLD in USA. The Indian version of One S doens't have the "Krait" architecture.

Also , SII is a legendary phone but doesn't deserves to be in Sub 20k category , because of the competition it faces.
Have gone through Sony Experia SL , considering if he's ready to increaze the budget a little bit.
O/W , I will ask him to go with LG L9 saving some bucks instead. IMO too , its the best in 20k category and beats a few Sub 20k models as well.
Only issues seems to be the inferior camera , but we'll see.

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay, Well as far as HTC One S is concerned , I have read that this one is not same as the one being SOLD in USA. The Indian version of One S doens't have the "Krait" architecture.

Also , SII is a legendary phone but doesn't deserves to be in Sub 20k category , because of the competition it faces.
Have gone through Sony Experia SL , considering if he's ready to increaze the budget a little bit.
O/W , I will ask him to go with LG L9 saving some bucks instead. IMO too , its the best in 20k category and beats a few Sub 20k models as well.
Only issues seems to be the inferior camera , but we'll see.
Yes, Indian One S is lower than the Krait version and comes with the same chipset as Xperia SL but has inferior screen, camera and battery: HTC One S C2 vs. Sony Xperia SL - GSMArena.com -So SL if can spare 25k.

And except the camera L9 exceeds all other(sub 22k) in every category and the battery is the largest a non Note phone comes with.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Nice suggestion. Even most of the power-hungry droid's comes with low power battery's which is really a stupid idea in their part.

mitraark

Decrepit
Is the Galaxy Grand really that bad ? The display is supposed to be less sharp, at 187 ppi, but otherwise it looks good at 21k

The review here is mostly praises

Samsung Galaxy GRAND DUOS I9082 Unboxing & Hands on Review HD - Gadgets Portal SPECIAL - YouTube

Hrishi

Is the Galaxy Grand really that bad ? The display is supposed to be less sharp, at 187 ppi, but otherwise it looks good at 21k

Samsung Galaxy GRAND DUOS I9082 Unboxing & Hands on Review HD - Gadgets Portal SPECIAL - YouTube

Apart from display the SoC might be cheap too. Not sure but some say that its closed to powervrsgx531. Which is very inferior to the competition.

suhailkhan

Broken In
Yeah I am reading conflicting reports about the Grand's display. Although on paper it is really pathetic, but some reviewers are saying this is not bad as was expected and was rather quite pleasant. Any hands-on experiences here to clear the air?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Well for such a large display, it sure lacks the ppi and i have seen the phone in my near by Samsung show room at the launch function. It have same plastic feel, and you don't see any big difference with normal usage. But it is quite visible while browsing/reading/playing games.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah I am reading conflicting reports about the Grand's display. Although on paper it is really pathetic, but some reviewers are saying this is not bad as was expected and was rather quite pleasant. Any hands-on experiences here to clear the air?
Go to a samsung showroom, now read an ebook on grand, the letters look jagged as hell.

Why not Galaxy Nexus? It has Android 4.2 Jelly bean.
Warranty buddy, plain and simple.

^ AFAIK L9>=galaxy nexus
The exact opposite: *www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4219&idPhone2=4955
But I will never spend more than 10k on something without warranty.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Go to a samsung showroom, now read an ebook on grand, the letters look jagged as hell.

Warranty buddy, plain and simple.

The exact opposite: *www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4219&idPhone2=4955
But I will never spend more than 10k on something without warranty.

But our Funbook has better resolution than grand :p Watching hd videos in fb is like jumping in the middle of atlantic ocean :D :sly:

Darth Vader

In the zone
LG Optimus L9 P765 Mobile Phone . Buy Best LG Optimus L9 P765 Mobile Phone at Lowest Price Online

now @ 15k

Coupon: GCD15V5EA9P2

Top Bottom