LG Optimus L9 - Short Review

tkin

Back to school!!
L9 has old ICS with moded LG UI, how can it be better than a stock jelly bean?
The hardware is same, but stuff like cam, screen etc are better.

Also what's up with 'Jellybean or bust' nature of every people, ICS runs pretty fine on my funbook, no lags etc.

rider

as Kratos
Warranty buddy, plain and simple.

My friend bought it from ebay, it comes with serve pro warranty services that is well reputed service company with many centres across India.

The hardware is same, but stuff like cam, screen etc are better.

Also what's up with 'Jellybean or bust' nature of every people, ICS runs pretty fine on my funbook, no lags etc.

Dude, believe it or not stock jelly bean of Galaxy Nexus is smoother than touchwiz of GS3. I mean in general tasks.

tkin

Back to school!!
My friend bought it from ebay, it comes with serve pro warranty services that is well reputed service company with many centres across India.
Must be one of a few, cause 90% Nexus comes with Dealer warranty, now give me a link.

Dude, believe it or not stock jelly bean of Galaxy Nexus is smoother than touchwiz of GS3. I mean in general tasks.
Define smoother. I mean the UI on a L9 is pretty smooth, how do you get 'smoother?' Not talking about general performance like games, benchmarks etc.

rider

as Kratos
Screen of Galaxy Nexus has superior HD (1280x720) with 316 ppi unlike L9's qHD 540 x 960 with 234 ppi. Camera of L9 may be better, but not sure.

tkin

Back to school!!
Screen of Galaxy Nexus has superior HD (1280x720) with 316 ppi unlike L9's qHD 540 x 960 with 234 ppi. Camera of L9 may be better, but not sure.
I already made a comparison between L9 and Nexus, L9 internal hardware=L9 internal hardware.
Nexus screen/CAM>>L9 screen/cam, so nexus is better of course, not because it has jelly bean.

rider

as Kratos
Must be one of a few, cause 90% Nexus comes with Dealer warranty, now give me a link.

Define smoother. I mean the UI on a L9 is pretty smooth, how do you get 'smoother?' Not talking about general performance like games, benchmarks etc.

He bought it 6 months ago from a popular seller themobileaccessories .
Smoother I mean the performance improvement involved Project Butter which uses touch anticipation, triple buffering, extended vsync timing and a fixed frame rate of 60 fps to create a fluid and buttery-smooth UI.
You will get to know until you use it buddy.

tkin

Back to school!!
He bought it 6 months ago from a popular seller themobileaccessories .
Smoother I mean the performance improvement involved Project Butter which uses touch anticipation, triple buffering, extended vsync timing and a fixed frame rate of 60 fps to create a fluid and buttery-smooth UI.
You will get to know until you use it buddy.
I had used it on my friend note II, smooth yes, but as I expected it, lets see now, if LG does not release JB for L9 I'll sell this in may/june and get a 25k set with JB, preferably from Samsung or Google so it'll get Android 5 as well.

rider

as Kratos
I had used it on my friend note II, smooth yes, but as I expected it, lets see now, if LG does not release JB for L9 I'll sell this in may/june and get a 25k set with JB, preferably from Samsung or Google so it'll get Android 5 as well.

Good idea! you know you can get Nexus 4 16GB for about 25k in may/june. The best thing about Nexus device is that it will be the first to get Android Key lime pie.

tkin

Back to school!!
Good idea! you know you can get Nexus 4 16GB for about 25k in may/june. The best thing about Nexus device is that it will be the first to get Android Key lime pie.
Hmm, if it'll go down that low no need to sell the L9, it has a good screen, will gift it to mother. I can spare 20k for a phone, rest have to come from selling something, but if its sub 20k I can just buy it.

PS: My relative is in US and may be coming down in a few months, he got a nexus 4 already, maybe its time I took a piece of that pie.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
Camera and video quality not so good. Big Screen and theming ( esp Lock Screen) is very nice.
Spending 3k extra to go for Samsung Grand would be a wise idea and it is very good.

tkin

Back to school!!
Camera and video quality not so good. Big Screen and theming ( esp Lock Screen) is very nice.
Spending 3k extra to go for Samsung Grand would be a wise idea and it is very good.
Aaand, grand has cr@p ppi(187), you can count pixels, like in a tv, icon edges and letters will be jagged, the CPU and GPU/videocore is cr@p(broadcomm, no one uses them, like VIA CPU), people are blowing it out of proportions.

Hrishi

Aaand, grand has cr@p ppi(187), you can count pixels, like in a tv, icon edges and letters will be jagged, the CPU and GPU/videocore is cr@p(broadcomm, no one uses them, like VIA CPU), people are blowing it out of proportions.

I think Grand has specs similiar to Micromax A110 C2. Pretty same specs , other than the IPS LCD.
I am speculating that the performance of this broadcom GPU won't be par SGX 535.
I will personally go and have a look at SGS Grand at showroom this Weekend , if its available.

tkin

Back to school!!
I think Grand has specs similiar to Micromax A110 C2. Pretty same specs , other than the IPS LCD.
I am speculating that the performance of this broadcom GPU won't be par SGX 535.
I will personally go and have a look at SGS Grand at showroom this Weekend , if its available.
Check the screen, read an ebook, or take a look at some photos, also check the icons.

rider

as Kratos
I still can't understand why samsung is trying to capture all type of ranges. They apparently launched a quad core Grand in their korea.

tkin

Back to school!!
I still can't understand why samsung is trying to capture all type of ranges. They apparently launched a quad core Grand in their korea.
Samsung's policy is simple, flood the world with lots and lots of phones, even some that overlap each others segment, customer is bound to pick up one.

In korea they have fierce competition from the likes of LG and Pantech, its not like they could sell a worthless cr@p like ace duos or grand for a huge sum, people will just get the competition.

Hrishi

Samsung's policy is simple, flood the world with lots and lots of phones, even some that overlap each others segment, customer is bound to pick up one.

In korea they have fierce competition from the likes of LG and Pantech, its not like they could sell a worthless cr@p like ace duos or grand for a huge sum, people will just get the competition.
Well , atleast we don't have monopoly of any company in Android world. That's one good thing about Android.

Top Bottom