• Prime V2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ubuntudroid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Wow..!! I also own a O1, but didn't rooted or installed Custom ROM yet, just waiting for official Gingerbread update and after trying that I'll go for Custom ROM (If it's not that good enough).

So please vote and post reasons, so that I and if others too who are in same status like me can judge.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
im quite new to this. so sam cud you please explain what do you mean when you say modular??

Modular means you can pick and choose which features you want and which ones you don't. I also use Void so I am biased. Some say LOL is better... Maybe it is... I don't know...

Wow..!! I also own a O1, but didn't rooted or installed Custom ROM yet, just waiting for official Gingerbread update and after trying that I'll go for Custom ROM (If it's not that good enough).

So please vote and post reasons, so that I and if others too who are in same status like me can judge.

No need to install custom ROM if you are not comfortable. Rooting allows you to use many apps which you might not be able to, and also allows you to backup apps and remove preinstalled crapware like bollywoodjk...

So, I suggest you root your phone and remove crapware... Then, use ADW launcher and its multitude of themes to modify the phone UI according to your liking...

Cheers!
Cheers!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Okies, but I was just afraid of void warranty, which I'm no more. As I now know that I'm missing out the main amazement by not rooting and using custom rom.

And XDA have articles on backup of original firmware so that everything can be restored back.

I'm littile bit comfortable now with all these things than when I first bought my phone.

Actually I bought this in EMI, so see, I don't wanna loose it before I even pay 1st EMI :p

That's the main reason. Otherwise I'm too interested in RnD's

Top Bottom