LG Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto G(2nd Generation).Which one should i buy.

tanmayraj

Broken In
Guys,i am planning to buy 5inch stock android phone but confused between nexus 5 or moto g 2nd gen.
Well,nexus 5 performance is top notch(no doubt),only concern is camera whereas Moto G used previous year hardware ie SD400 but its camera is good(acc to flipkart review)

I am in no hurry to buy.If you guys suggest for Motorola i will book today only and if you suggest for Nexus,i can wait for month so that price can be slashed as Google may soon announced Nexus 6.

Please help guys.
Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even if N5 gets a pricecut it'll retail for 25k or more, provided Google doesn't pull the plug on it. But even at the price N5 is anyday better than Moto G. Looking at Nexus 6's leaked h/w info price may well be close to 35k.

ratul

█████████████████
Wow, people really believe flipkart reviews.. :duh2:

Who told you Nexus 5's camera is a thing to be concerned about? See this thread if you don't believe me: [PHOTOS] Post Your Pictures and Videos &… | Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

And if you want some technical stuff, see the video below, i hope to see a much better performance on Android L as the camera API seems to be redesigned in Google Camera for Nexus 5 and Nexus X:
Google I/O 2014 - Building great multi-media experiences on Android - YouTube

tkin

Back to school!!
Wow, people really believe flipkart reviews.. :duh2:

Who told you Nexus 5's camera is a thing to be concerned about? See this thread if you don't believe me: [PHOTOS] Post Your Pictures and Videos &… | Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

And if you want some technical stuff, see the video below, i hope to see a much better performance on Android L as the camera API seems to be redesigned in Google Camera for Nexus 5 and Nexus X:
Google I/O 2014 - Building great multi-media experiences on Android - YouTube
Nexus 5 borrows the camera module from G2, and if the G2 camera is anything to go by, then the Nexus camera will be among the best.

HBK007

Journeyman
When the N5 first came out, it's image processing capability were quite awful but with the software updates and Google Camera, it has become really good and manages to take really good shots generally whereas sometimes decent shots come out. But for my dad it has been so far so good. But don't expect it to take shots like the iphone 5s or the lumia 1020.

tkin

Back to school!!
When the N5 first came out, it's image processing capability were quite awful but with the software updates and Google Camera, it has become really good and manages to take really good shots generally whereas sometimes decent shots come out. But for my dad it has been so far so good. But don't expect it to take shots like the iphone 5s or the lumia 1020.
Seriously?

ratul

█████████████████

you should :facepalm: yourself.
see for comparable shots on internet for both and then report here (i have tried iphone 5s's camera in a store and clicked multiple pics/vids with my nexus 5 and 5s, both me and my friends agreed that nexus 5 wins hands down in pics with hdr+ and vids).
Lumia 1020, well that's another level, it's like a phone on a camera, no phone can touch that.. :cool:

ratul

█████████████████
Nokia 808 :p

well, 808 might be the start for the pureview camera for nokia, 1020 definitely improved on it and is much better in terms of color reproduction and details.. :wink:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
well, 808 might be the start for the pureview camera for nokia, 1020 definitely improved on it and is much better in terms of color reproduction and details.. :wink:

not in all cases .. while 1020 has gotten better due to improvement in software , still there are areas where 808 still trumps 1020 .. that is the reason if you see comparison between both , people have mixed reviews .. while 1020 is overall better in low light and raw images.. 808 still wins in edge sharpness , oversampled images.. so while 1020 is still better but 808 can definitely touch 1020 :-D

Last edited:

HBK007

Journeyman
you should :facepalm: yourself.
see for comparable shots on internet for both and then report here (i have tried iphone 5s's camera in a store and clicked multiple pics/vids with my nexus 5 and 5s, both me and my friends agreed that nexus 5 wins hands down in pics with hdr+ and vids).
Lumia 1020, well that's another level, it's like a phone on a camera, no phone can touch that.. :cool:
Altough I hate iOS. You can't take away the mazing picture quality the 5s takes almost every time.
I would like to quote The Verge:
The perfect shot
The Lumia 1020 may offer you 41 megapixels and endless flexibility, but for virtually every practical point-and-shoot purpose the 8-megapixel iPhone 5 was the best smartphone camera on the market — and the 5S is even better. Apple didn’t sacrifice sharpness for low-light capability, like the HTC One and its Ultrapixel camera, and it hasn’t traded quality for simplicity, like the Moto X. Apple just took a great camera and improved both the hardware and software. The sensor is still 8 megapixels, but it’s slightly larger in size, which means each individual pixel is slightly bigger and collects more light. That means better low-light performance and crisper shots all around, and it delivers.

The iPhone 5S takes excellent pictures, better even than the iPhone 5. Things are a little sharper and more detailed even in good lighting, but the real difference comes at night. The 5S is noticeably better in low-light conditions — where the 5 used to capture only silhouettes and often just black, the 5S can get usable pictures. Same goes for the new 1.2-megapixel front-facing FaceTime camera — awkwardly dark video calls and Snapchats are now totally in play, for better or worse.

The new, faster A7 processor flexes its muscles when the camera’s running. There’s a new burst mode, which I quickly started using all the time: it shoots 10 frames per second, and then either automatically selects the best of your photos or lets you choose your favorite. (I always picked my own — the automatic setting was hit and miss.) Once you’ve selected your favorite, you can easily delete the rest of the burst, which is extremely handy — no one needs all those shots of the same thing cluttering up their camera roll and Photo Stream. Since the iPhone 5S can still take a moment or two to focus, it’s prone to missing the perfect shot — burst mode all but solves that problem.

The new processor also enables slow-motion video, letting you shoot 720p at 120 frames per second and then play it back at a quarter speed. It starts the clip at normal speed, drops into slow-mo, and then speeds back up right at the end just for effect. Get ready for a lot of iPhone slow-mo footage to pop up — pretty much everything looks awe-inspiring in slow motion, and using it is addictive.

There are some other new camera features as well: Apple’s added live filters in the camera app, which are interesting but not quite as artistic as Instagram’s, zooming is now possible while you’re recording video, and there’s automatic digital image stabilization. None are exactly earth-shattering features, but all are nice to have. Same goes for the new True Tone flash, which fires two lights designed to balance with the scene around you and light your subject better; it works as well as any flash can, with far more balance, but you’re still much better off not using a flash at all. Luckily, most of the time you won’t have to.

The 5S basically works like a point-and-shoot, and most of the time takes pictures like one too. For many people, the 5S will be the best camera they own. It really is a remarkable advancement, even if it doesn’t feel like a total overhaul.
I meant to say that it was one of the best all round performer in terms of picture quality.
I know that The Verge maybe a little biased to wards apple but the following videos also have some nice things to say about it:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9QSFO0zx60[YOUTUBE]W9QSFO0zx60[/YOUTUBE]
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBEaG6n0XDs[YOUTUBE]uBEaG6n0XDs[/YOUTUBE]
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTV1KYSVLBI[YOUTUBE]hTV1KYSVLBI[/YOUTUBE]
BTW, I know how awesome HDR+ shots on the N5 are, so no need to remind me about them.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Motorola G 2nd Gen has poor battery, get something else.

Lasts more than 24 hours! (Always connected to 3g or wifi)

This is still initial impressions. I cant comment more about battery life as its just used for mere 4 days.

tkin

Back to school!!
Lasts more than 24 hours! (Always connected to 3g or wifi)

This is still initial impressions. I cant comment more about battery life as its just used for mere 4 days.
I just looked at the ArsTechnica review, that's all.

ankush28

Bazinga
Both Nexus 5 and Moto G 2nd gen are GREAT phone in their price brackets if you love stock android.

Altough I hate iOS. You can't take away the mazing picture quality the 5s takes almost every time.
I would like to quote The Verge:
I meant to say that it was one of the best all round performer in terms of picture quality.
I know that The Verge maybe a little biased to wards apple but the following videos also have some nice things to say about it:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9QSFO0zx60[YOUTUBE]W9QSFO0zx60[/YOUTUBE]
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBEaG6n0XDs[YOUTUBE]uBEaG6n0XDs[/YOUTUBE]
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTV1KYSVLBI[YOUTUBE]hTV1KYSVLBI[/YOUTUBE]
BTW, I know how awesome HDR+ shots on the N5 are, so no need to remind me about them.
read this first -
Guys,i am planning to buy 5inch stock android phone.

Moto G - 13K
Nexus 5 - 26K
iphone 5s - 35k
all 16GB models!

Consider price as a factor next time!
Such a lame post.

HBK007

Journeyman
Both Nexus 5 and Moto G 2nd gen are GREAT phone in their price brackets if you love stock android.

read this first -

Moto G - 13K
Nexus 5 - 26K
iphone 5s - 35k
all 16GB models!

Consider price as a factor next time!
Such a lame post.

First of all I was comparing the N5's camera in my earlier post. Then the second post was for defending my case against the people who had wrong information...... I know about the price and earlier I recommended the N5 as O.P. gave us an option between it and the Moto G. I don't know if you didn't go through the whole thread or you are just trolling. But please try to understand what I was trying to say and what my actual post was targeted to.

Top Bottom