LG G2 Or Nexus 5

A

amit.tiger12

No Samsung. Z2 is selling for around 30 K online. I guess it will be higher in local market. And what about the screen cracking issue on sony mobiles? heard a lot of people complaing about it. That is why i dropped out on Z1C.

z series having more screen size you can check that, other than screen part makes it bigger. z2 is bigger than 5.2 inch (overall size) check that first.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
It seems the LG G2 D802T ( 4G version) is difficult to get online. I only found a single stock of 16 GB white in amazon. whereas the normal D802 is readily available online. Any one know where i can get a 4G version in black with 16GB online?. I did a google search but many which points to D802T ends up on normal version.

Also, G2 D802 costs looks less expensive than the 4G one.

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

It seems the LG G2 D802T ( 4G version) is difficult to get online. I only found a single stock of 16 GB white in amazon. whereas the normal D802 is readily available online. Any one know where i can get a 4G version in black with 16GB online?. I did a google search but many which points to D802T ends up on normal version.

Also, G2 D802 costs looks less expensive than the 4G one.

I don't know about online... but you can contact lg store authorized.. or try toll free LG no... (net neutrality)
:)

A

amit.tiger12

As per LG store, it costs around 49,000. I could buy an iphone if wanted to spend that much.:)

ohh.. then try to bargain at their local authorized store..
check this..
Sunday Debate: Purchasing Old vs. New

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
ohh.. then try to bargain at their local authorized store..
check this..
Sunday Debate: Purchasing Old vs. New

Good article. Agree with it totally!. Coming back to my problem, although i found G2 at local store for around 25 K, i forgot to check the version (D802 / D802T). Will find out more in a couple of days. If things don't work out it will be N5 or prepare myself for a 5.5 inch and buy 1 + 1. !

A

amit.tiger12

Good article. Agree with it totally!. Coming back to my problem, although i found G2 at local store for around 25 K, i forgot to check the version (D802 / D802T). Will find out more in a couple of days. If things don't work out it will be N5 or prepare myself for a 5.5 inch and buy 1 + 1. !

good... check for 4g if possible... instead nexus 5 & 1+1 try for 1+2.. :)

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
good... check for 4g if possible... instead nexus 5 & 1+1 try for 1+2.. :)
I still have not decided if i will go with 1 + 1 due to size. As for 1 + 2 it's not even announced yet and don't know the price also. anyway even if it is released soon, it will be difficult to get due to invite system.

A

amit.tiger12

I still have not decided if i will go with 1 + 1 due to size. As for 1 + 2 it's not even announced yet and don't know the price also. anyway even if it is released soon, it will be difficult to get due to invite system.

your previous device???
and is it working now???
and you have any backup phone??? keypad phone for calls, sms

A

amit.tiger12

Well i have a HTC One V which is not working now. So currently getting things done with my old N79 ( by things done, i mean voice calls only ! ).

okay so you are using 3 yr old phone... better get 1+1 (801 snapdragon), not much improvement over 800, and 805 also not much improved... only 810 is improved and better buy (for upgrading on 800, 801, 805)... but you haven't used any of these snapdragon 800 or 600 series...
so you can buy any of these new products..
buy 32 GB or 64 GB whichever product you decide. and nowadays no one choose brand specific device...
my favorite will be 1+1, xioami, and 5.5 inch is not the big thing.. and your budget gives good competition for old vs new..

I'm using nexus 5 but between lg g2 and nexus 5, my choice will be lg g2 (hardware wise).. favorite will be always nexus 5..
why I buy nexus 5 because it was my 1st android experience and nexus 5 have better developer support (for roms kernels etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Today i found that G2 D802T ( 4G Version) is only available with 32 GB and not 16 GB. In local markets it is costing around 37 to 39 K.

Today i found that G2 D802T ( 4G Version) is only available with 32 GB and not 16 GB. In local markets it is costing around 37 to 39 K.

That model is available in FK @ just 23k, which is great (4G, 32GB)
LG G2 D802T Price in India - Buy LG G2 D802T Black 32 Online - LG : Flipkart.com

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
That model is available in FK @ just 23k, which is great (4G, 32GB)
LG G2 D802T Price in India - Buy LG G2 D802T Black 32 Online - LG : Flipkart.com

It was not listed earlier in FK. Had sent mail to FK and got the link. Still can't believe the price.:shock: Because i checked it out on local market and was told 39 K which can be negotiated for 2 to 3 K less.

$hadow

Geek in making
It was not listed earlier in FK. Had sent mail to FK and got the link. Still can't believe the price.:shock: Because i checked it out on local market and was told 39 K which can be negotiated for 2 to 3 K less.

I don't get it how could G2 be selling for 39k when G3 is being sold for 33 or 34k locally.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I don't get it how could G2 be selling for 39k when G3 is being sold for 33 or 34k locally.
Iam not sure about it either. MRP for G2 D802T is 49,000 ( I was shown the box yesterday ). That is how it is listed in LG site also. I guess it is left to retailer on fixing the selling price. Now if the same product is sold online for 26 K less, real question is what is the actual cost of the product.
Now my real worry is that even though FK confirmed on mail about the product being D802T (4G Version), who knows what they are going to send me if i order it. There is a D802 (Non-4G) version which has both 16 / 32 GB version selling on a lower cost. It's all a bit confusing as different sites show different cost. Had sent a mail to amazon also. Yet to hear from their supplier.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Iam not sure about it either. MRP for G2 D802T is 49,000 ( I was shown the box yesterday ). That is how it is listed in LG site also. I guess it is left to retailer on fixing the selling price. Now if the same product is sold online for 26 K less, real question is what is the actual cost of the product.
Now my real worry is that even though FK confirmed on mail about the product being D802T (4G Version), who knows what they are going to send me if i order it. There is a D802 (Non-4G) version which has both 16 / 32 GB version selling on a lower cost. It's all a bit confusing as different sites show different cost. Had sent a mail to amazon also. Yet to hear from their supplier.

*www.zauba.com/import-lg-d802-hs-code.html
21-22k is the import price.

LG G2 - Full phone specifications
D802 supports LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20

LG G2 (Latest Model) - 32GB - GSM (Factory Unlocked) Smartphone - Brand New
Was available for 15k few weeks earlier. Now selling around 18k. Supports LTE bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 17.

Theoretically should work with Indian 4G network which have 2100 mHz frequency (Band 1)

Counldn't find D802T version on gsmarena.

Take screenshot of product page before ordering

Order the product, you will surely get what's listed but in case you get something else, just ask for refund or the product as listed

Flipkart is a trustable website, so if I were you I would place the order ASAP

Top Bottom