Back to school!!
*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/08/lg-g2-korean/gsmarena_001.jpg

Key features

• Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
• Quad-band 3G with HSPA; Penta-band LTE cat4
• 5.2" 16M-color 1080p True HD IPS Plus FullHD capacitive touchscreen
• Corning Gorilla Glass 2 display protection
• Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean; LG Optimus UI
• Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset
• 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash, geotagging, Intelligent Auto, optical image stabilization, Time catch shot, smart shutter and VR panoramas
• 1080p video recording @ 60fps with continuous autofocus and stereo sound; HDR mode, Dual recording, optical image stabilization
• 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
• 32GB of built-in storage, 24GB user-available
• microUSB port, USB host support, USB on-the-go, SlimPort TV-out
• Bluetooth v4.0
• NFC
• Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
• GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
• Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
• Stereo FM radio with RDS
• Voice commands
• Multi-tasking with mini-apps and optional transparency (QSlide)
• Accelerometer and proximity sensor
• Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
• Non-replaceable 3000mAh Li-Po battery
• IR emitter for remote control of home appliances
• Quick Window cases available at launch

Main disadvantages

• The hardware controls at the back take some time getting used to
• Below average loudspeaker performance
• No microSD slot
• Non-replaceable battery

This thread will be used to discuss the Flagship of LG, and the elder sibling of the Nexus 5, LG G2. You can cite news, reviews, photos taken with the G2, discuss issues and ask for information, I'll try to help the best I can.

Features taken from GSMArena.

INFO:
A useful information, since its very difficult to get a G2 screenguard in the streets and stores sell them for ~200-300/-, you can fit the Grand screenguard on the G2 perfectly, just need to cut a small bit on top, and a screenguard from grand in streets starts at 70-90/-

More information on rooting, custom kernels, pricing, accesories etc are coming soon.

samudragupta

Youngling
its still too costly IMO, especially without non expandable memory its a deal breaker... I wanted it so badly for its battery life and gorgeous display... will either wait for price for 32gb to drop to less than 30k or new flagships to arrive.
BTW lg will announce G2's younger sibling G2 mini on the 24th Feb

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
there should be a price cut of all 2013 flagships post the MWC on February 24th. I would think the G2 prices will fall down to N5+1-2k levels by then

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
The G will get 4.4, afaik atleast one update is guaranteed, the L9 got jelly bean, G2 is getting 4.4 atm.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
are you using any case with this phone? hows the grip without case?
Using the free quick window case, the back of the phone is also textured, so even without the case, grip is fine, well, as good as any plastic can provide. Never dropped the phone once.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Using the free quick window case, the back of the phone is also textured, so even without the case, grip is fine, well, as good as any plastic can provide. Never dropped the phone once.

hmm kk.
anyways, i am getting this phone soon.
16gb white.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
This doesn't really sound good but the G2 might be a different story
G2 kitkat has already rolled out for most carriers, India will get it soon.
Also GPro is definitely getting it.
So G might get it, not sure though.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm kk.
anyways, i am getting this phone soon.
16gb white.
Nice time for purchase, kitkat is rolling out :p

- - - Updated - - -

G2 Kitkat global roll out has begun....D802 India should be getting it soon...
Yeah, we'll get it with UK/France as that version is the D802 model, SFR has released the plans for G2, kitkat by march.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks good for G2 users:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/181729-sandisk-announces-pen-drives-micro-usb-adapter-direct-otg-access.html
Though wireless storage removes any need for cables at all, this can be used for a fast backup.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I never knew that the lg smartworld app offers dozens of home themes, fonts, keyboard themes etc, g2 users or even other lg users should check then out.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I never knew that the lg smartworld app offers dozens of home themes, fonts, keyboard themes etc, g2 users or even other lg users should check then out.

Will it work on 4.4.2 or needs a stock ROM? If it works, then I'm going to try it. :D

tomwilling

Broken In
Hello everyone, nowadays many company provide smartphone and tablet to their customer one of them LG phone is included. At the present day features of LG phone is fantastic.

Top Bottom