LG G2 Discussion Thread

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
guys i dropped my phone. and now the display has become so dim that its unreadable inspite of full brightness. i put the charger cable and shake it a little, the screen turns on! any idea whats going on..

- - - Updated - - -

Can I courier the mobile to a service center as there doesn't seem to be a lg mobile service centre at my location? Anyone had any experience?
No idea about LG customer service. Call the nearest one and ask them. Also raise a ticket in LG website if possible or call their customer care helpline.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I have had 2 experiences now
1. Recently I was in hyderabad and my screen had developed a yellow spot. Hyderabad has a LG direct service center. I visited and within 45 min my phone was fixed with new screen at no extra cost
Was in warranty then.
2. Now this screen dim issue. I called 1800 180 9999 and they gave me an address of a service center in my city although it isnt mentioned on their website. I went today and they told a cable has been damaged internally. It will cost 3k. Now phone is out of warranty. Will get it back today itself. Let's see.

- - - Updated - - -

mobile fixed!

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Pro tip for LG G2.

The G2's camera lens is Sapphire glass, having a value of 9.0 on Moh's scale, i.e it can't be scratched unless you rub it with Diamond. But it is covered with a violet colored polarizing coating which is very scratch prone. Mine got scratched so badly that it started to make the pictures hazy. If your phone is suffering from similar issue follow the steps below.

1. Buy a tube of non gel toothpaste with salt. Best is the cheap colgate stuff. I used colgate visible white.
2. Buy some cotton swabs.
3. Put some toothpaste on the swab and vigorously rub the lens. Near the center is better.
4. The filter should start giving away within minutes. Keep rubbing it very hard. :D
5. Within a few minutes the center of the lens will be clean and again it will take great haze free snaps, the likes of which sets G2 apart from most other camera phones even today.

Metal polish works too but its liquid to chance to seep into phone.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
How to find out if pictures have haze. Any sample photo ?
Check the before and after photos: *www.reddit.com/r/lgg2/comments/2a3ela/scratches_on_camera_lens_creating_foggy_pictures/

Original thread to follow: Camera lens is supposed to be scratch resist… | LG G2 | XDA Forums

Just check if there are scratched on the lens, its Sapphire, can't be scratched, but the coating scratches easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: That will remove the polarizing filter, so some issues can occur under direct light when it's reflecting off the screen.

D

Deleted member 118788

^^ I wasn't aware of Stagefright before your post. I thought it was some game.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, anyone know if g2 is getting marshmallow update?. There's unconfirmed reports that it is so.
Android Marshmallow Update Status for LG G2, LG G Flex 2 and LG G Styl

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah it should get the update. Probably won't get any major updates after it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom