LG announces world’s first FullHD smartphone display

Terabyte

In the zone
LG announces world’s first FullHD smartphone display - GSMArena

LG has created a new display for the ever evolving smartphone that involves packing in 1920 x 1080 pixels in just 5-inches of display space. This is the world’s first FullHD smartphone display and has a pixel density of an astonishing 440ppi.

Do you guys really think we need such displays on a "phone"?
I am sure that the battery of this phone won't last even half a day :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
same was told when HD displays for mobile were launched. if you can create something new and appealing, you'll find buyers even if your creation has no meaning.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yes Full HD screens would be the norm in the high end market starting late this year/early next year. LG, HTC and Sony are rumored to be working on 5 inch 1080p screen devices. I am sure Samsung is too !

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Good work LG.. Now just wait for Samsung and other alike companies copy LG's innovation and make a duplicate screen..

amjath

Human Spambot
A phablet needs 5 inches and full HD IMO which is extremely good for browsing [Less scrolling :D]

I read some comment saying Apple ll make use of these Retina display, but I would say Apple are no way near in using 5 inch displays on their smartphones

sygeek

Technomancer
This is (commercial) technology in a nutshell, we keep improving things (for our luxury) even when we don't necessarily have to. Although this is not a bad thing, it's how we move forward.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Although the high res of 1920 x 1080 on a 5" screen may not seem to give any effect, but I think it would be good while viewing the mobile display on a TV connected through an HDMI cable. (just like it's implied in the pic on article :p)

funskar

Padawan
Same like they launched first dual core n 3d fone..
Lg will launch 1st 1080p display fone:mrgreen:
And later samsung htc will pawn them:lol:

Top Bottom